or Connect

Posts by homeschoolingmama

I think people take this point of view with many things.  I understand what you mean.  I don't think every family should have kids that stay home.  Every family is different.  People do start believing that we are incapable to think for ourselves and benefit from it.  Homeschooling is the same way.  Kids should be taught by professionals.  Parents are not qualified.  From experience, this is baloney.  Of course we are qualified.  We aren't morons!  We are just taught...
There is The Unschooling Unmanual and there is another one that I read and loved but can't remember the name.  I will have to ask my friend.   It is called The Unprocessed Child.  Great book!
If I were you, I would start researching homeschooling in your area.  Learn the laws there and get to know the homeschooling community.  You will be surprised how many of us are out there.  I had no idea about homeschooling and I had no idea that people actually taught their kids at home.  I am now part of the community of homeschoolers and there are A LOT of us.  We have about  300 homeschooling families in our area.  Start talking to them and maybe have a few play...
I was talking to my friend today who is dating someone from Africa.  She said that if she cries he tells her to stop crying because it shows how weak she is.  He said people are told not to cry because they are acting like babies.  So I think it may be more of a cultural thing.  I just think it is damaging and I don't think it is going to change.  I am not saying Africa is all like this at all.  I really don't know much about it.  I am just relaying what my friend told me.
I have heard the same as well.  My husband and I feel led to adopt a baby with down syndrome.  We are waiting until next yr or the year after. I figure if we feel led to do this, it will happen.  You can raise money for international adoption if you wanted.  We can't travel with all of our children and we won't leave them for weeks at a time.  I will be watching this thread to see the responses.  
I very rarely give the advice of pull your child out because I homeschool and I don't want people thinking I think everyone should.  In your situation,  I would without a doubt pull her out.  It seems like a very unhealthy environment!  What terrifying comments for a small child.  Follow your gut and pull her.  I am not sure if you realize but your post slants more toward taking her out but it seems you have doubts about being too soft.  Your daughter is obviously...
When my husband was laid off his job a few yrs back, we were given food by people.  It was very hard because I have done a lot of research on food and what is the most healthy.  We were given white bread, a lot of junk food like puddings and jello, cake mixes and we gave them to other people in need.  Just because we were having a hard time with money and having enough food, I just couldn't bring myself to give them it.  I appreciated it very much because of people's...
I went to the doctors and he gave me penicillin.  I asked about Tetanus and he said Penicillin would work for it at this point.  He didn't seem concerned at all.  So that is what we are giving her.
By homeschooling, you are allowing them to be who they are.  Sweet, quirky, funny, different... I have 6 kids and they are all different from one another.  My oldest is a social butterfly and fun to be around.  She is about 10.  My second daughter (8) is very quiet and prefers to collect rocks to chasing kids around.  My 6yo son is different but he would have been anyway and would have been bullied because of it.  My 5yo daughter is just like the oldest...social...
Yes I will post a reply.  I am calling the doctors tomorrow.  Thank you for the concern.