or Connect

Posts by homeschoolingmama

I learned that if you don't burp my 3 month old right away after eating it really cuts down on the spit up (I mean ATLEAST 10 bibs a day here) We learned the Earth's layers with a hard boiled egg. Saw someone else has done that too You have to let your Christmas Tree set before decorating it which takes atleast 24 hrs. Grrr. My grandma's grandparents had 24 children. The more sleep I get the more tired I feel??? My husband is a great guy. (Well I...
Lets share how the homeschooling is going!! The good the bad and the ugly Are you taking a break for the holidays? Any cute stories? Any Aha moments? Any nasty comments? Anything interesting you are studying? Come on guys..lets post about out passion!
Thank you. I will get her this information.
For our main Core Curriculum we use Sonlight. It is a literature based program. Basically if you love to read it is really good! It has lesson plans all mapped out for you. It really helps me because I worry that I am "getting" everything. For this we have History, Geography, Science (My girls LOVE the Science projects that we do!!) , Language Arts and Bible. For Math we use Right Start. I also like how each lesson is mapped out for me to teach. My children LOVE...
I have a question. I have a friend who is friends with someone who is bipolar. My friend E is having a hard time being friends with this other person. She is very negative and she feels like she is babysitting her when they go out together. E feels drained after seeing her and would like to end the friendship. She wishes they could still be friends but it is just too draining and negative. She asked me how she should go about it and I have no idea considering she is...
For wks I have been keeping my house pretty clean (hard considering we have 4 young children in a sm 2 bedroom house. We didn't want to move for a while because it is sentimental and love it) I am cooking a great new recipe every night. I am loving and enjoying my children. I have been researching vaccinations and have decided to atleast do selective and delaying. Not sure if we will vaccinate anymore or not. I feel like I am running thin. We had a busy weekend and...
I was at an educational store sale yesterday and was lucky to stand in line with an elementary school teacher. She was telling me how it is a shame that children just remember the facts for the tests and then forget it shortly afterwards. She seemed to be maybe in her 50's?? and was very supportive of homeschooling. I find that teachers usually tend to be a bit threatened by my homeschooling. Not sure why?? We stood in line for an hr and had a very nice conversation!
I don't find there to be much prep work at all in Right Start. I like Right Start because it tells you what the goal is in the lesson and then you do it. It lays it all out for you. It tells you what manipulatives you will need before you start. My daughter started at 4yo and loves it still. They have made it very fun and teaches them in a way they understand. I had no idea what an abacus was used for until I bought one with the program. Another good thing about...
I got my box a couple of days ago and am now ready to jump into Core C on Monday. Everything is organized and ready to go. My daughter is just salivating over all of these awesome books.
My almost 2yo son has had a runny nose for almost a month now. It is thick and dark green. I think it may be some kind of infection. Would breastmilk clear this up? If so, how would I go about it? If not, what natural remedy could I use?