or Connect

Posts by lavendermama

Hi Kay, I have this condition as well. I just had baby #4 a few days ago. I am using Lactaid this time instead of SNS and I have to say it works so much better! I still feel like it takes FOREVER to drain it though. I know a bottle goes quicker, but do exclusively breastfed babies take that long? Right now I savor the moments, but I will have to get this house up and running again at some point! I am taking fenugreek. I have some goat's rue, but it says to take it...
we played a Loreena McKennitt CD a couple of times. the doula asked me if i wanted it turned back on and at that point I couldn't make up my mind so we just left it off (labor was obviously getting intense ). What helped me was the water. That was all I cared about and it was so helpful. We had a pool in our dining room. It was so worth it.
18 hours with your 4th baby? Yikes! I shouldn't be reading these right now! Congratulations on your sweet boy
Quote: My dh and I watched a documentary on TLC about the KKK. They had all these signs and crosses and were yelling about "Kill all the Jews!" Um, guys, Jesus was a Jew. He was not white. Well unfortunately there are some real wack jobs out there who actually believe that Jesus was white, that the aryan nation is the chosen people, and the "true" Israelites wandered up to England where they lived happily ever after. Unfortunately we have run across a...
I used a couple of translations. I copied one out of my NIV and got the other two off of Blue Letter Bible and picked NLT. I can get KJV if that is better. Mothernurture, the fact that you say there are many paths to God is puzzling to me, because that is not what the Bible teaches. It does, however, make it easy to discuss Mormonism with you! Are any of the Mormon-believing posters willing to discuss Galations 1:8??
Quote: I know the church is true because of the good fruit it has brought into my life. a person from any faith can say this. Buddhists claim it, Mormons claim it, Christians claim it, Muslims claim it, etc. Does this mean there is in fact no true way-that all paths lead to God?
I was interested to hear your thoughts on this verse: Quote: 8 Let God's curse fall on anyone, including myself, who preaches any other message than the one we told you about. Even if an angel comes from heaven and preaches any other message, let him be forever cursed. Why would Paul write this if God intended to send a "new and improved" message of salvation thousands of years later? Wasn't Joseph Smith indeed visited by an...
what about this verse: There Is Only One Good News 6 I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who in his love and mercy called you to share the eternal life he gives through Christ. You are already following a different way 7 that pretends to be the Good News but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who twist and change the truth concerning Christ. 8 Let God's curse fall on anyone, including myself, who preaches any other message...
I guess I just find it interesting that for instance the stone tablets were kept in the ark of the covenant for roughly 480 years-but these golden tablets were not allowed to be seen by anyone other than Joseph Smith? Sure, my belief is by faith, but only because Jesus was physically on the earth roughly 2000 years ago. But for people of that time after his resurrection there were apparently what- 500 eye witnesses? If this conversation is bothersome there is no need to...
Did you read the attatched article, LeeAnn?