or Connect

Posts by aurinia

I haven't been online much, but wanted to let everyone know that the boys are here!  I'll write up my whole birth story later, but for now, short version:  Ended up w/ full-blown pre-eclampsia and went in to be induced the night of 11/23.  Ended up having to have an emergency c-section the afternoon of the 24th, but everyone is healthy and doing well now.  Wyatt Robert (baby A) beat his brother out by 1 minute, weighing a whopping 5lbs, 12oz, and Elliott James (baby B)...
I know I haven't been around much lately...life has just been totally crazy and haven't had much online time.   Long story short, pre-eclampsia has finally reared its ugly head.  :(  I ended up in hospital last week for 3 days because my BP went through the roof even with the meds.  Both 24-hour urine collections showed elevated protein levels, but the 2nd one was lower so they let me go home on bedrest w/ another 24-hr collection to be done Friday.  They called me...
You have done a phenomenal job getting this far, Annette...I am so happy for you!  I emailed you my phone number and stuff the other day...let me know if you want me to update everyone here with any info, OK?  I'm going in tomorrow night for induction on Wednesday, but I'll have my laptop and stuff with me, so just keep me posted.  Good luck, mama!!!  :)
Quote: Originally Posted by monica82 I think it just depends on u & ur baby. This. Its not automatic that you'll show faster or be bigger with subsequent babies. In my case, I DID get absolutely huge with DD2 vs. DD1, but that was due to having gestational diabetes, polyhydramnios, a 65-lb weight gain and an almost 10-lb baby, whereas DD1 was only 8lbs. I lost track of how many "Are you sure its not twins?!" comments I got. By the time I...
Hi, everyone! As much as I know they need to stay put for a few more weeks at least, I am so ready to be DONE...ugh! I'm 33 weeks tomorrow and between the high blood pressure, being on insulin and having SPD so bad I can barely walk most days, this isn't fun anymore. Starting to feel bad that I can't do much with my 3yr old, but she's being really good overall and thankfully is content to just hang on the couch with me and watch movies and stuff. I'm up to...
Quote: Originally Posted by MicheleRMT They say when a vehicle gets to 100 000 miles, it starts to wear out. Would it be possible to fix the cosmetic things so you can get more for it? This. Once you hit 100K, it seems like a lot of cars start nickel-and-diming you to death. IMO, the tie-rods aren't a huge deal, but in your case I'm not sure what I'd do. I'm not a big Chrysler fan anyway and DP and I have never had good luck with them...I...
Quote: Originally Posted by MPsSweetie No, it happened one night, so we left him out for a few days, since he is SO bad about eating junk. He seemed fine, not sick. Let him back in to sleep about 5 days later, and its was even worse!! We are talking all over the walls here. Like lakes on the floor. OMG It was awful. He hasn't seemed sick though, so I don't know, and truthfully, with all the medical bills due to being pregnant, we can't do too much...
Quote: Originally Posted by MPsSweetie Oh man, speaking of dogs... Our great dane has had diarrhea this week. IN THE HOUSE. The smell nearly killed me. Thank god for dh who got up in the middle of the night to clean it. 3 TIMES. Oh, yuck...that's just brutal, isn't it? Not that it isn't bad when it happens to a smaller dog, but when a dane goes, it pretty much deserves its own zip code. Ewww. Do you know what's causing it?
Not in my case, unfortunately... #1 : 8lbs, 2oz. 8 hour labor (induced w/ Pit), went from 5 to 10cm and pushing her out in 20 minutes. It was fabulous! #2 : 9lbs, 12oz. Two days of induced labor, although I don't necessarily count the first day because things didn't really get moving until they broke my water the morning of the 2nd day. So if you go from that point, 12 hours of 'real' labor, pushed for more than 2 hours, they did an episiotomy because they...
Yes, that is maddening, isn't it? Two out of our four dogs are like that...God forbid they hear one clap of thunder. My great dane just turns into a shivering, shaking, drooling mess and tries to cram himself into the smallest spot he can find...usually the hall closet or the bathroom. Its pitiful. And one of the border collies usually has to be pried out from under the couch or the bed. Crating doesn't seem to help, and we gave up on Rescue Remedy a long time ago.