or Connect

Posts by lovbeingamommy

Please add me to the TTC section.  I'd been on the earlier ones, but it looks like it's been revised quite a bit.    lovbeingamommy 48  (ttc #2 - 3 m/c 2008, 2010)   THANKS! 
Looking for 30-40's moms with young children that reside in this local area.  It seems like there's not a lot of natural-minded mommas around here...am I missing something?  Sometimes I wish I could move to the east side, Scottsdale or Cave Creek area, or better yet Tucson.  Lots of natural-minded families there.  But, for now at least, I'm planted in Glendale and looking for friends that share my views on healthy-eating (mostly raw-vegan), preventative healthcare (we...
Hallelujah!!!! to everyone that has stood up for what they believe is right!  I have such a problem with healthcare professionals who "think" they're experts on this topic and then try to impart their all-knowing knowledge onto others.  Very annoying!
I talked with the director today and it sounds like he can make some accomodations based on what you mentioned above.  The thing is my ds is only half-way through Kinder and really doesn't have a lot of school-ish stuff other than very high DIBELS scores (a state required test for reading readiness), and E's on his report cards, with the exception of handwriting which is slightly lacking.  He does, however, have his own dog biscuit and supply company and sells regularly...
Thank you everyone for the replies...and so quickly too   Makes me feel so much better to know that the WMI and PSI can be average and you can still have a highly gifted child.  The reason I was so concerned about intervention is that apparently in AZ some school district do accept GAI instead of FSIQ and some do not.  Ds' GAI will allow entrance into the highly-gifted self-contained program (which is where I want to place him) however, if they use the FSIQ it will only...
My DS was just tested with the WISC-IV and scored in the highly gifted range.  However, the Working Memory and Processing Speed scores were only in the average range which pulled his FSIQ score down.  Luckily, the psychologist explained about the GAI (general ability index) score which is used if there is a statistical difference in the scores.  So the GAI pulled his IQ score up to the highly gifted range whereas the FSIQ was only in the gifted range.  The psychologist...
Hello Again Ladies!!   Haven't been on mothering for quite a while.  There was a problem with my password that's finally resolved...thank goodness.  Anyhow, dh and I now have a fairly firm plan of action.  We're ttc until May "naturally."  I'm making an appt with a very good fertility doc just about a mile from home later this week to get all the preliminary stuff, like testing, out of the way.  It looks like since I'm about to turn 47 on Feb. 2 that this might be...
 Waturmama, I am so sorry you are having to go through this...my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.    I do remember when I had my third m/c when I just turned 45, everything seemed fine until the first u/s when they saw nothing in my uterus.  I didn't understand what was happening because I hadn't bled at all up to that point...although it was only around 6/7 weeks.  I had a regular period two weeks later and that was it.  Their explanation was that my...
 oh I know how you feel.  I had to deal with my parents and my husband's parents, although it wasn't too bad.  I'm so glad I learned then to not share ANYTHING regarding ds's health status.  Vaccinations seem like such a black/white issue with no room in between for most people.  I steer clear of the issue even if it comes up with people around me - although it's soooo hard because I so much want to debate every time it does come up...lol. 
ooooh, I just found this thread and love it.  I hope it sees some action soon...   My family and I are in the process of becoming around 75% + raw vegan.  I'm starting the raw chef certification next month with Alissa Cohen at el.  Right now, I'm in the process of changing over our kitchen to support our raw lifestyle.  W have a Vitamix - the new one made 2008 or later that doesn't have BPA - what they replaced it with I'm not sure since it does still have a #7 on...