or Connect

Posts by mommyjudy

Here's our birth story! I haven't been too active here, but I've enjoyed reading the stories and thought I'd add ours. As you'll read, our son was born blue and took his sweet time breathing. It was a bit scary, but we stayed calm and kept working at it until his color changed. In hindsight, I think that there were several factors. First, I think his cord was a bit too short, and it also seemed fairly thin compared to our other babies. Then the bath water and room air...
Try reducing portion sizes? Toddler calorie requirements are fairly small. Maybe just give them 2 bites at a time? Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
I've read that Shepherd's purse is one dropperfull under the tongue every minute until bleeding stops, but if 5 min go by, transfer. Hope that helps! Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
Are you breastfeeding? If so, she's already getting the best immune boost she could get! You may want to up your vitamin C & D intake to help keep you healthy, especially with traveling. Are there any specific diseases that are of high risk in the place you're traveling to? Or is it just mostly the fear of the airplane? Dr. Sears vaccine book has a section on travel and he says that it's very rare to catch a dangerous disease on an airplane. He doesn't recommend changing...
Yes, like the other posters said, I would leave your baby at home after he nurses (should be fine for a few hours - they usually sleep after the first nursing anyway). If they give you a hard time about the baby's health, you can tell them that you'll be discussing it with his pediatrician.Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
Is going to the hospital as an outpatient (not checking in the baby at all) to be stitched up an option? Other than that, sounds like a good situation for an UC. Bad docs, no MW, comfortable delivering yourself... Good luck! Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
There's a wonderful AP community up there that I was a part of for several years before we moved away. I believe they still have a FB group or page. Try searching for "attachment parenting snohomish county". My phone is acting up so I can't find the exact link. :-) Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
I believe Seattle still has an API group. Might be worth finding! Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
Hi! Nice to "meet" you two! I'm due in May and getting excited about the whole thing. Was able to connect with a few other UCing moms in my due date board, so that was nice! Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
Hi everyone!  I started a new thread, not seeing this one, but I'm sure it'd be easier for everyone if I just kept things here.      Bailey replied this to my other thread, but I'm moving it here for the sake of ease...   Hi Bailey (and everyone)!  Nice to "meet" you and get to chat some.  For those who didn't see my other thread, we're expecting baby #5 towards the end of May.  (May 25th is our "estimated due date") All 4 big siblings have been born at home with...