or Connect

Posts by dadinblue

Hi Mums, hope you don't mind a Canadian police officer, father of 3 perspective injected into your discussion. While I do not relish the topic or the choice of words I will use to make my point, they are necessary. Please don't take offense as none is intended. Your decision to employ a male or female child minder is your decision and no one elses. Please do not be swayed by opinion, rhetoric or logic. Go purely with your gut, coupled with how your kids react to...
And the easiest way for me to help them understand it was to compare Hitler to a school yard bully. He was small, with a big mouth and a chip on his shoulder. So people left him alone. He became the leader of Germany because he was a very powerful public speaker who appealed to alot of people. He put ordinary Germans back to work in a time of high unemployment and he re-ignited their national pride. He got demanding but still no one wanted to take him on so...
Yeah, going out of my way and seriously impacting my family's ability to eat, be clothed and housed just to buy "organic" or "green" is silly. I'd rather buy a 3-pack of Fruit of the Loom for $6 and have that $10 left over than buy one pair of "organic" cotton for $16. I can't find any source for the 17lbs of pesticides claim. Can you provide a link? That being said, if organic and non was the same quality, price, construction, had the same longevity etc, I would...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tata My concern is that putting Dads or Fathering as a sub forum will ultimately lead to a slow death for this forum. It makes it not so obvious and that much more difficult to find for new dads / fathers. It's never been the most active forum, and I fear it will become even less active because of the move. Yep, and it happened to me just now. I scanned down the list, looking for the big blue DADS banner and DIDN'T...
Quote: Originally Posted by kalamos23 Isn't it much the same as if you brought a toy back that was recalled because it a piece *might* break off and present a choking hazard? Most recalls are not done with the clause that it has to have happened to you personally to be able to participate - the recall is done so that it takes potentially dangerous items off the market and/or fixes them. A lot of these moms save clothes for the next baby, myself included,...
You can completely remove the straps for washing. Take it out of the car, flip it over and start at the between-the-knees adjuster. Pull it out and follow it up to where that one strap connects to the two shoulder straps. They all come out... and while you are at it, wash the cover. Oh and you might want to make notes about how it came apart... so you can easily put it back together.
so is it a chemical reaction (burn) or a skin reaction to the plastic-printed tag rubbing on sensitive skin? If your baby has a postage-stamp sized block of red/irritated/crusty skin right where the tag is, THAT is a chemical burn. Hard to miss, but equally hard to figure out how it's happening. Wash the clothing to remove any residue from the stamping process. Some skin needs unimpeded airflow to breathe and gets irritated when that doesn't happen (due to a bandaid...
If he has one brand that he likes, is comfortable and available, then buy those and their organic-ness be damned. Comfort is more important in that region than, say... whether the soil was fertilized or the bugs sprayed. This whole organic craze is silly. The western world is in a recession, but some still believe that it's important to pay a premium for something with a label on it that says "Organic". Cotton is cotton. If you want...
I, for one, would like to see a dad-specific place, where the gender of your sign-in (log-in) allows your posting rights to the forum. If your gender, as recorded in your log-in (user CP) is female, you can read the dad's forum, but not post in it. There are a dozen other forums to post about and reply to specific issues, but the ONE place that dads have to for-sure (try to) get another dad's input is this forum. And 9.9 times out of 10, that topic gets trampled by...
Team sports. Lots of physical activity with physical contact. Let him learn that he can push back, run faster etc. He'll also make friends on the teams.