or Connect

Posts by TeaLeaf

Thank you all for your input.
Yes, Geneva has a fabulous market; not cheap though. I went this summer. Hardly a good reason to move there for us though There are other ways to get these local things. Education, you have to get to. Quote: Originally Posted by SamiPolizzi http://www.genevagreenmarket.org
Crystal Lake and Algonquin are no closer than St Charles or Geneva. In fact, it's farther west and way north in comparison; so much farther to the city if that is someone's concern. Crystal Lake and Algonquin, perhaps to a lesser extent depending where in it you leave, have poor access as well. I agree with Schaumburg, though. Quote: Originally Posted by ElliesMomma i would call all of these far west suburbs, rather than northwest suburbs. northwest...
You are probably right but I would contain this assessment mostly north of the tracks which run downtown; that's where the "old" wheaton is. Quote: Originally Posted by Belia Wheaton is SOOOOO conservative.
Hi, If you had a choice between the following townships, Wheaton, Geneva, St Charles, Batavia, and Naperville, which one would you pick when it comes to public schools? Any particular neighborhood in mind? My LO is now 2 so I'm interested from ground zero Any links to Internet resources would be appreciated also. Thank you
My LO was active, I give him his lovey or a nursing necklace to handle while he nurses so he doesn't grab around. I also cover what's not "in use." Quote: Originally Posted by Crystal_R DD is 13 months and I'm determined to at least get through cold and flu season, but I just hate nursing so much. She wiggles all over, sticks her in my armpits, claws at them (I don't know what it is with my pits and her) and sometimes it just makes my skin crawl. ...
Someone had posted here or in another forum I read about having trouble with milk. I know someone who went through re-lactation after hospitalization and surgery. Her LO was under 6 month. She used Fenugreek and power pumping with a high grade pump. The combination of the two allowed her to nurse again. Fenugreek is also found in curries, maple syrup, and other foods. Consult your doctor before taking any supplements.
Someone had posted here or in another forum I read about having trouble with milk. I know someone who went through re-lactation after hospitalization and surgery. Her LO was under 6 month. She used Fenugreek and power pumping with a high grade pump. The combination of the two allowed her to nurse again. Fenugreek is also found in curries, maple syrup, and other foods. Consult your doctor before taking any supplements.
My son is 25 month old and I have explored night weaning when I have several long nights in a row and I am tired, but never followed through. In all this, I am just now starting to register less nursing at night, BUT every time he teethed it was like two step forward, one step backward and I still have the last four molars to contend with. Only now is he starting to sleep "through" the night; i.e. get 6 to 8 hours of sleep straight, here and there, which still means...
ernalala, I am always ready for asinine comments when I mention I am doing ext bf'ing. If the doctor's specialty is unrelated to parenting, which it usually is, and it is our decision as parents to handle parenting, I usually tell them to stick to their specialty and not to be giving me advice on parenting. Human milk is made for humans. Cow's milk isn't; most of us develop some kind of intolerance to it as we age. Yet our culture has made it okay for us to drink it...