or Connect

Posts by weesej

: : : : : : : Ignorance is bliss- I'm glad this guy knows it all
Checking In I am 12 weeks 4 days today. Was able to get the HB on my doppler at home with DH a few days ago. Feeling so much better, just occasional nausea now!!!! Feeling definite baby flutters--thinking maybe I am a week further along than I think- but I sure wouldn't mind being surprised with an early baby I usually feel my babies between 12.5 and 14 weeks. Was at a beautiful birth last night, a sweet little girl and a HBAC! Wonderful strong mama! I love...
At least the amnio will remove absolutely all doubt about the issue and one way or another, you will know. For sure. No guesswork. Not true. There are many more minor chromosomal abnormalities that are missed. There is no guarantee of a perfect baby or child I think Lesley needs to do what she needs to, but I mourn that she must have so much worry and pain when she should be joyful
I have met 2 people in the last few months that have recommended Pearl. The first was at the Independant Baptist church I attended, said her DD would play with the rod like it was a fishing pole. The second is a woman I really like and respect. Told me how she attachment parents, nurses 3 years, co-sleeps, etc and then asked if I had read to train up a child. She used to get Mothering---she just came out of the Amish church 5 years ago and still attends a plain...
No I would not terminate even if baby had Trisomy 13 or 18. In the last 2 weeks alone 2 moms in our practice have had babies with severe birth defects. The first had a Triple screen and Amnio that confirmed baby had Trisomy 13 and was well aware baby would not survive. She decided to continue her pregnancy to have all the time she could with her baby and birth him at home peacefully and prayed he would be born alive so they would have time together. Her prayers were...
Beautiful birth. Congrats on the VBAC. Kathi and Karen were looking like they were having fun. I just moved from TC a month ago and was doula and apprentice midwife in the area. They are both good friends and have attended births with Kathi---she is AWESOME!! I can only aspire to be anything close! Was Laurie Z the other assistant??
Yes, but there 8th grade ed may be more rigorous than ours. And MENIAL??? They make beautiful handwork and have skills most of us just dream of. They can make plenty good money to survive making cabniets, doing carpentry, machine repair, etc, etc, etc
I've been thinking about this post. Jen I wouldn't worry about another SD. Keep in mind that SD is positional, a bad match between baby and mom at that angle and the shoulder gets stuck. Force doesn't help much to get baby out, changing mom's and or babies position to get a better fit works. Read all you can and be ready, let mom show her worries but don't show her yours Have mom imagine a smooth birth where baby comes out easily, perhaps in her hands and knees or in a...
Shannon--that is way too high. Yes it is early for preeclampsia but something is up. Get it checked again tommorow. BTW 140/90 is considered too high
I am pregnant with a BFing baby. Concieved when she was 6 months old. She is now 9 months. My milk did dry considerably, started at 7 months (6 weeks pregnant) I tried every trick I know to keep supply up but by 8 months it was obvious I needed to supplement. We started formula and now do 50/50 bottles and BFing. I hope she continues through the pregnancy and I can tandem. You however have a little bit older baby so it may be possible to keep your milk supply up...