or Connect

Posts by abomgardner417

Hey ladies!  Just sending you all some more good vibes for whatever you're dealing with at this point in the journey!   Prairie - re: the Arimidex...I'm not sure what it will do if you're not post-meno, I just know I was told it wasn't approved for pre-meno.  I sort of wish chemo had put me into menopause so that I would have more options with the hormone blockers, but I'm too young too.  I just don't like the idea of having an ooph at 34.  I think the side effects...
Bumping up and...   Has a 2011 thread been started?  I've read through here and picked up some great tips, but I'm new to gardening and I think I'll need a small space support group this year! :)
Letitia - Congrats on finishing rads!  Those darn counts!   A year later mine are still just a smidge below normal but luckily it hasn't caused problems.  So sorry you have to make daily trips to the doc, but I agree, it's so much better than being stuck in the hospital.  Hopefully, they'll come up soon.  Glad to hear you're tolerating the Arimidex well.  If you don't mind me asking, and forgive me if I missed this somewhere, are you post-menopausal or did you have an...
Hey ladies!  Haven't been here in awhile...don't come here much anymore, but I just wanted to see how everyone is doing.  Whether you're in the middle of chemo, rads, or surgery, just wanted to you all to know I'm thinking of you and hoping that you're all getting through everything ok.  Those that are in the middle of treatment and are letting your lo's watch a ton of tv...hey, whatever you need to do to get through it!  There were whole days that my boys and I sat on...
prairiemommy - I so wish I could come to help you too! How many more chemos do you have? My parents were a huge help, but still, they had full-time jobs and lives too, so while they were a great blessing, I still could have used more. I keep saying I'm going to start a child care service that's free for moms who are going through chemo or any other serious health issues. But being a single mom, I don't know how I would support myself and my kids if I'm offering free...
Thank you everyone for your responses and ideas. I think we will try going back to square one again. I tried that a about a month ago before the potty angel thing but maybe I just didn't do it long enough. I tried setting the timer too for a few weeks and I still tell twin #1 when to go potty. It's usually met with "But I don't have to go!!" and then whining and crying when I make him. I've just calmly repeated "You're having trouble deciding when to go potty, so for...
Wow, it's that bad? Lol, just bumping up.
I will gladly accept any and all suggestions!!! I'm seriously going to lose it real soon here! My twin boys are 4 1/2 and we are STILL not potty trained. Let's start with twin #1. Was completely potty trained except at night a few months after turning 3. About nine months after that, he started leaking urine in his underpants, just little bits here and there and occasionally a full out accident. No accidents with pooping. I didn't think much of it, didn't make a big...
This happened to me over the summer. I'm normally really OCD about making sure my car is locked, but I must have forgotten one night. Sure enough, someone got into it. Same as your situation - glove box was rummaged through but nothing taken. I called the police and they came out but said if nothing was missing they couldn't file a report, but that they'd "make a note of it". Come to find out a couple months later that this kid down the road had broken into 200-250...
I second You Can Heal Your Life - very powerful. I used it during cancer treatment and divorce after five years of my stbx making me feel worthless. She has another one called 'Empowering Women' that is good as well. Good luck to you!