or Connect

Posts by Curlyfry7

18 expired meds, old toothbrushes, general stuff-trashed 2 old HBA items-trashed 20 items from cleaning kids' rooms (probably more) trashed 6 boxes, socks, etc trashed 340 items taken to consignment sale to be sold or donated I have some stuff slated for friends/goodwill but they haven't left the house yet so won't count them until they do, so: 18 + 386 = 404/2014
Joining again, for the 4th year. I *think* if I get to the goal, I will have the house where I want it to be...or at least I hope so. My year really goes from Christmas to Christmas, so I have started for the 2014 year today, cleaning out some of the kids' bathroom drawers: 18-old toothbrushes, expired meds, other junk, all trashed 18/2014...good to get started again!
I've really slacked on this the last couple months due to being busy with other stuff but have managed to work on it sometimes. 22 boxes of DH's stuff gone 7 books to friend 4 shirts to a friend 3 holey socks trashed 31 items to friends/goodwill 40 items trashed 107 + 1916 = 2023 items decluttered in 2013 I will be gearing up again for next year's challenge right after the new year. I am thinking if I can meet the goal again next year we will have the house where I'd...
Following,as my DD (4.75 years old) is an introvert who tends to prefer sedentary activities. Both my boys are constantly moving, but it's harder to get her going. With the youngest being just 2 now, and a hard-headed, ornery, high needs, non-sleeping 2 at that, it's been hard for us to model regular daily activity/exercise as it is hard to get out with all 3 of them when he will NOT be worn or ride in a stroller. But he is getting older every day and hopefully by next...
Back from vacation a week and a half ago, and back to decluttering! 88 items taken to goodwill 15 items to a friend 15 items trashed 14 pretty shells given to mom 1 baby carrier sold 133 + 1783 = 1916/2013....only 97 more things to go!!!! Yay for everyones decluttering!
Labor Day weekend REALLY was LABOR day at our house....we've spent the vast majority of it tackling (cue dramatic music).......THE ATTIC. The black hole of our house, so cluttered we could barely walk up there, much less FIND anything. We might not be done but we made HUGE strides: 2 old pairs socks with holes-trashed 10 misc. items trashed 1 broken cup trashed 5 cheap hangers trashed 1 item given to friend 375 items trashed 193 items taken to goodwill These are probably...
Trying to regain some momentum, spurred on by our local biannual consignment sale: -10 items trashed -2 baby carriers sold -1 crib sold -4 various baby items/toys given to friends -60 bags of breastmilk donated (at least-was 238 oz in 2-4 oz increments, so I divided 238 by 4) -338 items to consignment sale 415 + 781 = 1196/2013....passed the halfway point!! I am definitely not doing as well as last year but I'm still going to keep plugging away. We still have so much to...
Ugh....Today should have been an UnDay....or I need a do-over button.
I've not been doing too well with decluttering lately, until the last week or so. This weekend we are bogged down with the stomach flu, but soon I will be prepping for the biannual consignment sale where I always get rid of a good number of things. Latest things: 132 items donated to rescue mission 25 items trashed 11 items trashed 8 items given to friends 176 items + 605 = 781/2013. definitely lagging behind...I wanted to be halfway by the end of the 1st half of the...
Slow time lately for decluttering.... 5 pairs DD's shoes-sold 2 pairs my shoes -sold 3 packs tea-given to friend 1 bottle-given to friend 11 + 594 = 605/2013 items decluttered