or Connect

Posts by Curlyfry7

Ack, we've only just started this homeschooling adventure, and I am already super frustrated. Which is SO the opposite of what I want this to be. My DS1 is extremely argumentative/whiny/whatever you want to call it. He has always been like this. He is almost 6 (would be starting K in a couple weeks) and STILL argues with us over brushing his teeth, and other have-to-be-done tasks. This is to give you an idea of his personality...he is also very bright, energetic, intense....
More stuff.... 24 items given to mama friends 80 items to goodwill 242 items to consignment sale that will be donated if not sold. (have a few more that will not be donated if not sold but won't count them until I know if they sell) so 1077 + 346 = 1423. Still at $836.02 This gets me to 70% of the goal so far. Only 589 more things to go. My problem is that it barely looks like I've made a dent yet.
I have 3 high needs, intense, crappy-sleeping kids. Like you, I started a bit later in life-was 35 with #1, 37 with #2, and 40 with the 3rd (and LAST!!) I am a strong introvert, and having up to 3 kids attached to me every second of the day for the last 5.5 years has about killed me, and my marriage isn't exactly great right now either. Dairy and soy intolerances-yep! Kids who wake up at the slightest change in...anything-yep! My perceptions were also way off, but then I...
I'm planning to cross-post this in Special Needs as well.Can anyone give me a good recommendation for an evaluation for possible autism/aspergers? My nephew lives in that area, and my sister has had a lot of trouble finding anyone to provide them with an accurate and helpful diagnosis. They have been working through the school, and have run into several instances of things being delayed, and there is also some question as to the accuracy of the current diagnosis. My sister...
I'm planning to cross-post this in FYT as well.Can anyone give me a good recommendation for an evaluation for possible autism/aspergers? My nephew lives in that area, and my sister has had a lot of trouble finding anyone to provide them with an accurate and helpful diagnosis. They have been working through the school, and have run into several instances of things being delayed, and there is also some question as to the accuracy of the current diagnosis. My sister is also...
Once again I've neglected this thread...and haven't been doing as well at decluttering as I would have lied, but I AM making progress: 5 items donated to a raffle 2 items given to friend'1 old bottle of meds trashed 54 items sold at consignment sale 9 old dipes to friend 7 pairs of holey undies trashed 10 plastic hangers trashed 3 shoe boxes trashed 1 torn pair shoes trashed 1 old bottle meds trashed 20 items from pantry trashed 1 bottle dog meds donated 2 packs candy...
I need this too...I have a 5 y/o, a 3 y/o, and a 10 month old who won't sleep unless he's touching me. Breaks are extremely few and far between around here.
I'm also dealing with this....my DS1 would be in K this fall, DD is almost 3.5, and DS2 is 10 months old and high needs. I work part-time and recently had to pick up an extra day while someone is on maternity leave. It's all i can do to keep my head above water, sometimes, much less do any school. I've been encouraged in the thread I started about this to relax and just do the best I can. My problem is that DS2 pretty much won't even let us read without screaming at us....
Sorry-didn't get the notification!! DS1 is actually not interested in using the computer. I've shown him stuff on it before and he loses interest pretty fast. Might try it again this summer since it's going to be so blasted hot here! DS2 likes to be outside, but definitely won't lay on a blanket...he's to busy crawling all over and shoving inedible things into his mouth, LOL. He is my 3rd high needs kiddo, but it's harder with the other 2 needing me for different stuff....
Thank you mamas for your advice. I'm going to keep all of this in mind. We do go to the park a LOT (keeps everyone happier) but I suck at jumpstarting arts and craft time (which is silly as I LOVE doing crafts) I think because they both need my help with stuff, esp. DD, which leaves me trying to juggle the baby while doing something for them. Plus the mess. I'm so worn thin that the last thing I want is to do anything that will lead to MORE mess, KWIM? And DS2 is too young...