or Connect

Posts by Curlyfry7

I'm 34 weeks and 2 days and have done a fair amount, but I'm still not where I wanted to be- still have some Xmas shopping to do (thank goodness for internet!), house is a MESS, but I have most of my diapers and clothes, room is mostly ready, still need the crib down, cleaned and figure out how to side-car it. Also wanted to make some more meals for the freezer. However, I got bit on my right hand pretty badly at work today, so most of the stuff I had planned for this...
And me too! I had a m/c Mar 13th, ovulated April 2, and got a positive test on Apr 19. I am currently 34 weeks and doing well. I too was exceedlingly nervous and didn't really start to enjoy this pregnancy until after 20 weeks. I had some excited moments before that, but they were always tempered with caution. Good luck!
We are having a girl, and STILl haven't decided on her name- it's driving me crazy!! Currently, we call her "Baby Sister". LOL. The names we are considering are: (in no particular order) Delaney Callahan Rhiannon Samantha Tessa Kiran Allira Aislinn I don't think I'll do well deciding once she's born unless we have it narrowed down to a couple names. Middle names we'll decide once we decide on the first.
I had the same thing happen- SIL gave me a bunch of clothes, a couple smalls and mediums but mostly larges and extra-larges. Both last pregnancy and this one, I wear pretty much smalls and can wear a few mediums depending on how they are cut. But I saved all the stuff (well, gave a few things to a friend a few months further along than me, due to the seasons we were due in) A few things are sweatshirts/coat-type things, so being a little big is actually good as I wear them...
Yet another one with a high needs, non-sleeping, reflux-y, food intolerance LO, who is now 2. In fact the other night, he went to bed FINALLY at 11:30 after screaming the entire evening, woke at 1:15am screaming, which went on until 3am. Why? we asked?? "I all done with night-night" he told us in between screams. I feel like I am due my "easy" baby now....like EVERY ONE OF MY FRIENDS HAS. And if not, I have a lot more tools in my toolbox this time around. But this is...
Despite being "AMA" I tend to have remarkably boring pregnancies. My first was at 35 and I am now 37, almost 38. I just switched to a birth center and they do not consider me "high risk" at all- wouldn't take me if I was. I agree, other than increased risk of congenital abnormalities, age alone does not make one "high risk" I'll gladly compare my overall health and condition against women 10-15 years younger than me any day!
I wanted to join in saying thanks for the reassurances as well as the ideas for night-weaning a bottle fed toddler. My DS is almost 25 months and still gets a bottle at nap and night as well as during the night if he wakes and asks for it (which is MOST of the time) As he WILL drink water from a bottle, we have been gradually decreasing the milk and increasing the water in the bottles (so he gets a mix), and then will try to get him off the bottles all together at some...
It has already been mentioned to me that "maybe you can get induced early" (since I am due 12/24)- this was NOt by the doc, I must say, although when I mentioned I would like to go earlier, one doc did say "yeah, us too!". I WOULD like to go earlier, but not enough to get induced. Baby will come when she's ready....I just hope that's in 2008!!
I'm having a ton of trouble working through the class, and I REALLY want to. I think I am only done with week 2 officially . I keep falling asleep within a couple minutes or, as a pp wrote, having to scratch, etc. I have a bit mroe time but I really have to get cracking on this! My biggest problem is that DS is so high needs when awake, and then when he IS sleeping I am trying to get the million and one things done I still have to do. AND he hasn't been going to bed until...
Also subbing, as we are going through almost the exact same thing as well, except without the bedrest/ambulance part. As DS was sensitive to dairy as a baby, we are just today starting to cut dairy out of his diet to see if it makes a difference. Commiserating hugs.......