or Connect

Posts by Curlyfry7

Wow, I'm surprised. I have a pair for my 19 month old (who walks very well, plus runs and jumps and climbs, etc in them) and he pretty much wears them daily, most of the day. We've had them a few months, and they are holding up fine. DH evens takes DS out to work in our natural area, in the mud etc in them, and they do just fine just wiping them off. I have 2 more pairs coming in the next week. Maybe you got a fluke pair?? I hope so! Good luck! Kelly
Oh, he seems happy, gives this mischievous little grin. Sure, there are a few times when he does it out of anger, but it's mostly when he's happy. Hmmmm...the drum is a good idea. We don't have anything REALLY meant for hitting, other than a ball. I've had him hit the couch before, but that's hard to move around, LOL if we are not in the family room. My DH gets upset over this, and I keep telling him it's a phase. I am mostly worried he is going to hit hard enough...
This is my 19 month old DS's new thing. For the last week or so, everything is about hitting people/animals/things. And he says it as he does it/is about to do it. We don't hit. We have told him since he was able to raise a hand that we don't hit, that it hurts, that we like gentle touches. And now this has really ramped up. It is almost constant every day- the first words out of his mouth when he wakes up is "hit the Desi" (one of our dogs) I Know this is a phase. ...
My DS is NOt a good eater overall, but has tried and liked some "weird" things. He also seems to like artichoke hearts. But probably his weirdest right now is raw onions. He likes the crunch. Have to say he comes by it honestly as so do I . But still, I don't think I ate it as a toddler! Kelly
So far in terms of fresh fruit he only likes/eats apples, blueberries and grapes, an occasional bite of plum or kiwi. Due to his texture issues, he does much better and will eat (and enjoy) dried bananas, apricots, blueberries, strawberries, apple, cranberries, raisins, cherries and pineapple. If your son was asking for food, turned down other things, and kept asking for crackers, would you give them to him??? I don't mind crackers in the car- only dried crumbs to...
Ooooooooh...I hate when MDC is down!!!! I couldn't get to the computer until now too! Thanks for your replies..... I do try and offer fruit as a snack first thing, either fresh or freeze-dried, and he sometimes eats it, sometimes not. One of his fall back things is whole wheat rotini, so we always have some of that made. And his sandwiches, when he eats one, have whole wheat bread. We are big believers in whole grains here And he is open to other foods...well...
I am having trouble knowing whether my DS's eating is normal, or something I should worry about (because I can't be happy unless I am worrying about something! ) DS is currently 18 1/2 months old, in 25% height and weight, meeting all milestones, etc. Unfortunately, he was only BF for a short time, and has been on formula since then, special formula due to reflux until about 13 months, now regular toddler formula. He still drinks a couple bottles a day. He developed...
Well, as of right now my EDD is Dec 24th. I am a little worried about it, as DH's b-day is the 12th and he said he always got slighted on his birthday. But we talked about it and are going to do "half b-days"- neither of us come from familes where, once beyond baby stage, things were purchased for the kids unless it was a b-day of Christmas, so this will let us "spread it out" a little...kinda 2 gift receiving opportunities a year. Even with DS1 havign an Oct b-day, it...
I don't have any ideas for you, as my 18 month old son is THE EXACT SAME WAY!!!!! No one believes me that he's so difficult at home since he's such the pleasant charmer out. So........subbing! Kelly
I'll join in with SleepDeprived.... Certainly most children go on to eat solids well. My son also had oral aversions due to his reflux- he loved his milk and anything crunchy/dry (crackers, bread, crackers, crackers....see a trend here? ) He also does not chew well/appropriately- he has the motor abilities to chew, but chooses not to, and also initiates his swallow at an abnormal time. He has been seeing an OT at a dysphagia clinic for a few months now and has improved...