or Connect

Posts by Curlyfry7

I had that happen to me, except the hair was luckily straight in, so I was able to grab it and pull it out-hurt like a son-of-a-gun when I did though! Hmmm....I don't know about getting it out now...maybe soak the foot in epsom salts? Maybe that would draw it out somewhat? Or at least soften it so it didn't hurt and the body could work it out like a splinter? I don't have any good idea, I'm sorry. NOT COOL! Kelly
Ok, for the last couple of weeks, my almost 18 month old DS has been absolutely OBSESSED with going outside. The weather here is starting to improve, and I love that he wants to go outside.... However, I am having a hard time coming up with activities for him to do out there. Our yard is not the best, but I don't mind some dirt. Of course we go for walks, play with balls, blow bubbles, and I just bought some chalk that we haven't opened up yet. We also go to the park,...
...and I never had a single twinge of m/s throughout my entire pregnancy with my DS. I kept expecting it to happen in the beginning, but nope! I was very lucky (and he is a wide-open almost 18 month old now!) Maybe just wait and see how you feel tomorrow- hopefully you'll feel sick sick sick!! (and I mean that in a good way! ) Kelly
I also had the same thing where the needle went in. I said something to DH and he said "DUH!!!! They just stuck a BIG needle through your muscles!! Of course they are sore!!" Guess I needed him to say that, but it did make sense then. . I was at work, where I am on my feet all day, and I found that bending over a table and kind of arching my back seemed to help- maybe the muscles were cramping a little from the intrusion?? But take it easy and if anything seems to get any...
Thanks SO very much for all of your replies....Dh thinks it's weird that opinions from a bunch of women I've never met can make me feel so much better, but it's true. It's definitely not from constipation....I am actually having softer stool right now, and when I saw it I checked that it was from my vagina not my rectum. I have only had a little more spotting and it is definitely brown now. Averysmomma, what you said about your experience really seemed similar,...
Hi- I am looking for any advice or input anyone can give me. I just found out I am pregnant again (yay!!) on Monday. I am about 5 weeks along. This am I went to the bathroom and (sorry TMI) had a bowel movement. When I wiped there was some dark red blood present, and there was some in the toilet as well. No clots. I am not having any real abdominal cramping...I have a very vivid imagination and sometimes I think I am having some mild cramps. My back is pretty sore...
For the stroller, since it is weather dependent, could you walk him inside? When DS was about 5 months old, he would get SO fussy in the evening, adn we didn't know about babywearing then, so we brought in our umbrella stroller and we would wheel him around the house. Kinda boring for us, but hey, we kept our sanity and DS would calm down. It might be worth a try if the weather is bad; if it doesn't work you are no worse off. Kelly
I'll try to make this brief....My 17 month old DS has been grabbing his genital area for the last 4 or so days, and fussing/crying when he does so. In retrospect, he has been touching the same area and acting surprised for a few weeks, but as he has recently started telling us when he poops, we thought perhaps he was starting to notice when he urinates. I called the ped Wednesday afternoon and described the symptoms and they advised me that sicne it was unusual for a...
My Ds was a fairly early cruiser/walker and we live in NC, so while not as hot as AZ, it still has a fairly long warm season. We bought a pair of soft-soled sandals from www.minitoes.com and were very pleased. From what I remember, the sizing was pretty easy despite being online and we had no issues. They seemed to hold up as well as our Robeez, but were only in the $18-20 range (can't remember, maybe even a little less) Shipping was about 1 1/2 weeks, which is pretty...
Hi Rebecca! So when exactly did Malachy conspire with Caden to drive us nuts?!? Caden has been doing the EXACT. SAME. THING. the last week or so. Like Caden isn't clingy enough! Drives me nuts...not that it is too far a drive. I know it's a stage.. I DO. But sometimes I get so tired of not being able to complete the simplest thing. I try to give Caden lots of "warning" and "choices" I guess, like "I am going to go to the bathroom, you can either stay there or...