or Connect

Posts by Vegan Princess

Most elementary schools in Berkeley are great. We pay really high property taxes here in Berkeley to pay for our schools. But as far as I know, there is no GATE program in Berkeley. Also, a lot of UCB families end up in Albany - all of their schools are top notch. But also no GATE program.    Cindy
I'm up for facebook.   Sue - still wanting to hear the birth story!   Sorry so short right now...
Of course I tried the pacifier. Totally didn't help the situation.   Cindy
I think it wasn't so much that she didn't like being close to me. LOL. It's that she didn't like how urban it is. She's used to suburbs where the town centers around the strip mall with a huge parking lot. Easy to park. Low crime. Normal families all around. Plus she is just not the daring type - hates to drive new places, etc. I have no idea why she thought it would be any other way than how it is here - more urban, no parking lots, parking meters, harder to park,...
Everr: Congrats on the job - that is awesome! I am so sorry that there is bad news to come along with the good. When I saw that you had posted I was thinking - oh please let her mom be ok!!I hope you can make the most of your time left together. I cannot imagine. Your family is in my thoughts!! I wish there were something we could do.   So my mom moved here in January. And today the movers came and took her stuff back to San Diego. She lasted 1 month. Never really gave...
Oh Everr! My heart just sank when I read about your mom. I am so sorry. I will be praying for her to get well enough to come home and have more time to spend on this earth with you and R. I can't believe you and Mal are both having this happen at the same time. :-( And so hoping you get the even better job!!! Hugs. Just hugs.   Cindy
Mal - Thinking about you!!   So my mom moved here! It all fell into place really quickly and she found an apartment down the street from me. I flew down to SD and drove her up a week and a half ago. She is busy getting settled and right now doubting her decision. She spent the last 45 yrs in the same part of San Diego and doesn't take well to change. She thought she loved Berkeley but now that she is here, she is a bit out of her element. Happy to see me often and the...
Lilac: That happened to me twice when Aria was new. So painful! Glad it's cleared!   Cindy
Yay Adie!!!!!!! All it takes is 1! Now stick baby stick!   Cindy
I am the original poster. Baby is 15 mos now and we still night nurse and still co-sleep. She would like to be latched on all the time but will detach herself more often now. And when she doesn't I sort of just roll her off and if she gets mad then tough. Usually she just keeps sleeping. If she does get mad, eventually she settles and goes to sleep. She is always latched on for the last few hours though or won't sleep as late. And lately she has 2 teeth cutting and wants...