or Connect

Posts by cristina47454

As far as the exercising go, I think the biggest shift for me was deciding to make myself a priority! Well, to a certain extent :). I started working out at home because it just wasn't realistic to try to think I could get to a gym or studio, do my workout, and come home. My babies were always very attached to me and it was next to impossible to leave them with anybody. That was hard from me, bcs I def. thrive from a group dynamic. I also realized I simply didn't have...
I can relate, although my youngest is now almost 5yo, so it's been awhile since I was where you are. I have an almost 12 year old and a 9 year old too, so I've been in the mommy zone for a LONG TIME. I just want to tell you that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! When I weaned my last baby, I started working out again for the first time in a long time. I was never overweight, but I had forgotten how capable and strong I can be. And doing something for MYSELF made...
Sigh. Yes, I have been journaling. But I think it is making it worse. WHen I lost my father my journal entries are all about that loss. I can't even go back and read it.  Too raw. After making contact with this family (the brother especially) almost ALL of my entries are about the brother. It's ridiculous. And I think journaling somehow makes it all more intense. At first it was just the thrill of being back in touch with him. And how receptive he was. Very validating,...
Thank you for responding. It helps to have an outside perspective. You make it sound so logical. I've been feeling for a long while that my life has not played out the way I thought it was going to, but I just haven't had the kick in the pants to do anything about it. Reconnecting with them, if nothing else, makes me want to actually make some changes. If I was smart I would harness that while it was it full effect.   The whole family has kids that are somewhere...
I lost my father this past March. It was very sudden and I am still trying to process it/heal. (maybe this belongs in  "grief/loss"? But wait for it...). Losing my father, I realized, made me miss my childhood. And the fact that I am in my early forties and starting to feel like I am aging compounds this feeling of nostalgia. In April, around the time of my dad's birthday/second memorial service, I started thinking about a family that I had spent some time with as a...
It would be so much easier if the salary jump was bigger. I think what makes this so hard is that we are trading location and all the pros AND cons of living in CT for a similar lifestyle in CA, with its own set of pros and cons.
This is the plan right now. Phew. Glad we are thinking about this the right way. Helps so much to hear other people's input! Make me feel like I'm on track with the thought process.
The job is in SF. We could never afford the peninsula...we'd have to look across the bridges. So a long commute, but that's the reality. DH would probably stay in my parent's apt. during the trial period. He could be looking for places during that time.  We'd move during the summer.  I still know people out there...even some that live across the bay, so they will be helpful in figuring out the lay of the land.   The youngest is going into K in the fall. I'm not...
I guess I'd feel better about it if he was conducting an exhaustive search HERE. But his contacts here aren't much help - his field really has suffered. Most of the people he knows are out of work or have had to shut their doors themselves. I'm overwhelmed by the prospect of prepping for a cross country move, but we've moved a lot, and you do what you have to. I'm worried about the kids. THey are just starting to make friends and feel comfortable. They've moved a lot...
I can't talk to anybody in real life about this yet, so I'm hoping I can get some input from some of you folks.   I am from CA. DH is from the midwest, but lived in CA for several years. We met there. He still maintains some business contacts out there. We have been living in the northeast for the past 15 years. My entire family has relocated to the east coast. DH's family is also more or less driving distance (parents are a 6 hr drive, his sister is a two hour...