or Connect

Posts by cristina47454

Definitely go talk to your bank. My husband just recently signed up at a local credit union bcs he was looking at getting a car loan and had heard that credit unions were the way to go. While setting up an account, he found out that he has no credit history. His credit score is in the mid 700s, but the system the bank uses (equifax maybe?) doesn't acknowledge his credit history bcs I am the principal credit card holder, we have been renting our home for the past 9 years...
If you want to do a positive reinforcement type thing, we've also used plastic coins they could turn in for rewards. Haven't used that for meal time, but it's worked on long car rides. Keep meaning to try the "caught you being good" coupons around the house, but haven't gotten my act together. 
We used to play an m&m game. Three m&ms per child at dinner. The m&ms were earned for different things.Napkin on the lap, staying seated the entire meal, the adventure bite. When the behavior stuck, we'd rotate in a different one. Amazing what a kid will do for an m&m. LOL. We haven't done that game in a long, long time, and actually, I think we tried it once with my now 4 year old (because it had worked so beautifully with the older two) - but she quickly realized she...
I am blessed with good eaters. My dds are 11, 8, and 4. Well, when I say "good eaters", I mean, they will eat any fancy-pants, ethnic food I prepare, but balk at the simple stuff. It's like a reverse blessing. That being said, I lovelovelove beans, and none of my kids have ever been fans. It took years and years of me preparing and serving beans for them to FINALLY eat them at a meal without grousing. I consider it an accomplishment on my part. I never forced them to eat...
Finally found some useful websites. I wasn't using the right words when I tried the search before. Thanks for the responses! You've set me in the right direction!!!
We signed a lease for a second year at the beginning of the summer - not well thought out, I now know. We hadn't made arrangements to live anywhere else and we were bumping up against the lease deadline.  At the very least we probably should have done month to month...but we didn't.  DH has started documenting things so we have a case when we DO break the lease, but the reality is that moving is a PAIN and disruptive. We are settled in. The kids are in school (don't know...
Thank you! Thanks for acknowledging what a jerk he is and thanks for the "plan". I guess I needed a "plan". I'm feeling taken advantage of and now it's making me angry. DH talked to someone who basically said to do what you are suggesting. DH has been reluctant to do this, bcs he's worried about bad blood and the security deposit, but at this point the best we can do is document everything and keep our fingers crossed. Wish we had started documenting everything earlier. I...
I know.  But DH and I care about where/how we live, so it matters to us. I think we've pretty much done as much as we are willing to, though.  We got it to a point where I'm not embarrassed by the way it looks, so that's good enough for me. The lawn drives me crazy, but not enough to do anything more about it.  Esp. considering the way I feel about the landlord right now.
Good to know. I tried a google search to try to find out, but didn't find anything helpful.  I didn't realize there was such a thing a a city/county renter rights organization or code enforcement.  Good place to start.  Thank you.
We have been renting a single family home in New England since last July.  When we moved in, the bath/shower in second bathroom had a horrible tile/caulking job around the faucet. The tub worked, the shower worked once or twice, but now the entire bath/shower is not working. The landlord is aware of the situation, has had plumbers give estimates, etc. Over the summer (mind you, we've already lived here a year) it was scheduled to be fixed, but the plumber walked off the...