or Connect

Posts by cristina47454

Is the morality issue regarding letting your friend live in your Section 8 house? I guess I'm a little confused.   Will your husband's family be upset if you leave their house so shortly after moving in? I understand not wanting to move again - esp. since you are just now settled, your daughter just started school, and the garden is flourishing...but...you risk losing your voucher. Something you've been waiting for for years. That would be worse than missing out on...
My sister in law and brother are in a similar situation. Well, a little different.  They live in a great house now (bought at the height of the market) but are unhappy with the school system and are considering renting out their current house so they can rent a house elsewhere, that is more centrally located. Heard this through my mom, so not sure how far down the decision making path they are with this. My first reaction was that it seemed nuts...their neighborhood...
Some of the newer posts make me feel a little less like I'm crazy. We have been struggling financially for several years. If I were to go back to work, even part time, it would really help, assuming childcare costs wouldn't eat up my salary. DH talks about moving somewhere more affordable, but I'm less than an hour from my 80 yr old parents and there is something so final about moving far away :(. And yet looking at some of the housing costs posted here (esp in relation...
Where do you all live that your housing cost is so low???? We are in CT and dh was bemoaning the fact that this is such an expensive state to live in. I grew up in CA, where things are CRAZY, so CT seems moderate to me. But our rent is $1700/month!! Yes, we rent a house, so maybe that's a luxury (??), but with three kids and dog (who has recently passed on), apt. living wasn't really an option...and there aren't really apartments here anyway. When we lived in MA, the...
Coming to this thread very late, but wanted to know how things are going? Are you feeling anxious because you feel like the dog is your sole responsibility since you are the one at home? Guess I'm just a little confused by your post. I know it feels like a dog is a lot of work, esp. if you are new to being a dog owner, but once you get used to each other she's just another member of the family and you'll find she's very good company :) Also not sure why she is basically...
Have you considered raw feeding at all?
Just a quick update. Went to go see it. I'm happy to say I'm not as in love with it as I was afraid I would be, so I'm making decisions with my brain, not my heart.  Phew! It's not meant to be sold just as land...it's part of a PUD, so essentially, there are 10 acres with 5 build able lots (not yet on the market) and this house is assigned a one acre lot...but you wouldn't really own the land.  There is a contingency that the exterior be fixed first, bcs the developers...
Wanted to thank you all for the responses. It helps to hear that things can go wrong so quickly. That what has been the hardest (and most confusing thing) about this. Deciding to have him put down and then taking him to the er to do it are the most difficult things I've had to do. DH has been a rock through all this and it helps that I'm not grieving alone. I know that I didn't want him to suffer needlessly, but there is still something very unnatural about making the...
Wondering if any dog owners might have insight for me.  My vet has been great (we moved an hour away but he still takes my calls), but I feel like I keep coming up with questions and am feeling weird about calling the vet now that the dog is gone.   Long story short, 14yo JRT.  Diagnosed with congestive heart failure. Progressed pretty quickly form stage 1 to stage 3/4, but we put him on meds and he responded GREAT. No bloating, no coughing, back to his happy self....
All good points to consider! We're seeing the house next week, hopefully, and then DH and I will have lots to talk about. The first time we saw it we were both like, "I can't believe they're asking 500k for that.  It needs SO much work.  If it were 250k, then it'd be no-brainer!"  Well, 299k isn't quite 250k (but if it sits on the market for awhile, maybe they'd accept that...), but it's got us both excited. WHich, honestly, is not necessarily a good thing. We tend to...