or Connect

Posts by cristina47454

Money might be a problem :(. I just did a google search and it looks like if there is no CO, then a bank won't finance it, so it has to be a cash deal.   Honestly, we'd be hard pressed to come down with 10%, but it just seems like such a great deal.  You should see the cr*p in the $299k price range around here. DH and I were looking at 250k to 300k and it has been disheartening.    We'll still go see it.  Maybe my parents could help us out...
Would you touch it with a 10 foot pole? DH and I both have architectural backgrounds and have designed and subcontracted many new-construction houses. So not really worried about that part.   This particular house...OMG. It was listed several months ago at $500k+. We went to see it, but didn't go inside. The property is PHENOMENALLY beautiful. I've never seen anything like it. It's almost 10 acres and at the edge of the water. The surrounding houses are gracious and...
Yikes! DH agreed to build the daybed! Now i need to make sure I actually like it as much as I thought I did when i thought he'd never go along with it! And I kind of think...if he's willing to build THAT, why can't I design a bed (using the same basic build instructions) that I REALLY REALLY LOVE?? I am imagining that this can only end badly....
LOL. This sounds like dh and me.  He has been super handy in the past, so I get really excited about projects like this, only to realize halfway through that we are both short on patience and time.  And then it sits undone which frustrates me bcs I feel like a nag, and...well, sometimes it;s just better to fork over the money and avoid the marital stress :)
Oops. Can't delete.  Sorry!
We had been doing raw for about a year. Dog loved it.  But then he got himself pancreatitis - we think maybe he had buried some raw chicken and dug it up several weeks later - and after two weeks on antibiotics and having to feed him bland, soft food, he won't touch raw anymore. He's 14 and hasn't been the same since his bout a couple of weeks ago.  At this point we just want him to EAT, so sometimes it's cooked chicken and rice, sometimes it's canned food (he'll eat...
That site makes me want to fire up the power tools! Do you think that by the time you purchased all the materials you'd end up saving any money?  
I do need to set up an ING account.  I love the idea of having separate savings accounts. I know I could do it in a notebook, but it doesn't feel quite as official. I am a very visual person and tend to be pretty by-the-rules, and I think something like that would make it much easier for me to see the ramifications of my spendy urge. I need to check with my bank and see if they charge transfer fees -their new fee schedule is  a little confusing.   The second bed that...
That framed monogram is super cute! Love that blog! Is that you??
This was the other one...haven't seen it in person, so don't know if it looks "cheap" up close and personal...and it's very similar to the bunk beds (not sure if that's a positive or a negative) It's half the price.