or Connect

Posts by cristina47454

I am looking for crystallized ginger! I KNOW I've seen it somewhere for not-so-expensive (the spice aisle in the grocery aisle is robbery!). But I can't remember where! I sent DH to Ocean State...he couldn't find it.  And by the time I get in my car and drive all over the place, it kind of defeats the purpose of trying to save a couple of bucks... So, does anybody know??? I'm thinking Aldi's or Trader joes maybe? Costco? Gah! I'm racking my brain! Can anyone help??
We set up our sinking funds for the rest of the year.  DH is finally getting a regular paycheck, but things are still tighter than I'd like.  This helps my security gland. Remainder will go towards credit cards.  REALLY REALLY want to be debt free!
I know this to be true and it has really change the way that I think about life.  Seriously, every time I think "I would NEVER"...I end up being put in a situation where that statement is tested and it turns out, that, well, yeah, I would.  Because the circumstances of events are always grey, never as clear cut as you'd imagine. "I would NEVER have a c/s". "I would never live in the middle of nowhere". "I would never take public assistance".  The list goes on and on....
I'm gonna play :)   Shirt - just had to replace some.  I shop Marshall's/TJMaxx.  I found that I was not willing to pay more that $7.99-$9.99 for a long sleeve tee (had some detailing, i.e. nice neckline, interesting sleeve seams.  Detail mean a lot to me) or $16.99 for a dressier knit type blouse.  I put one back that was a $24.99 event though it was a super cute.  I might be able to justify $19.99, but I'd feel guilty.   Pants - I need to try on a bajillion...
Well crap.  They won't honor the GC (!).  WTH? The p/u date is 11/11/11 but the guy called and said although there is a record of the gc purchase in the system, the money isn't there.  They turned it over to the government (???) bcs the gc hadn't been used. Now what??? DH is planning on calling corporate on Monday, but is that the right avenue?
Pillow it is! Picked them out this evening, just under the wire. Proud of ourselves for remembering to use the GC.  Feels so weird to "spend" so much on pillows. Def. not something we'd ever think to buy for ourselves if not for the gift certificate.  We've been in debt-payoff mode for so long!
I guess we are trying to figure out how to fit out my eldest daughter's future bedroom.  Ideally, it would operate as a swing space, in that when the inlaws came for an extended visit, they'd be able to stay in her room, instead of on the couch. I think the most cost effective (and probably most comfortable) solution would be a daybed/pop-out trundle, although i am not a big fan of daybeds...   However, probably not really ready for the bedroom shuffle until my 3yo...
We have a $250 GC from Sleepy's that expires TODAY. Can't believe we even remembered to dig it up.  It was a gift from FIVE years ago!   Anyway, DH says buying a mattress from a retail store is a rip off, but i wanted to ask you savvy  mamas how you would spend the money.   Just for background...we have three dds. The two older ones are in very nice bunk beds and share a room.  My 3yo is in her own room and is in a toddler bed.  We tried bunking her with the 7 yo...
I was going to post something similar. Not because our family is growing, but because we will be entertaining up to 20 PEOPLE during the Thanksgiving holiday!!! We have about 8 people coming into town to spend several days with us, and my parents and brother & his family (living locally) is another 6 people.  Plus my own household of five.   So far, for dinners I'm thinking: spaghetti and sauce, chili, homemade pizza, tacos/carnitas (crockpot) For breakfasts:...
I second that.  Great boards.  But a little overwhelming. I like the spoon fed approach.