or Connect

Posts by cristina47454

Thank you so much, mamas. I just don't feel like I can talk about this kind of thing with family/friends because I don't need them passing judgement and having an opinion about my marriage. Things have blown over. I think he realized how horrible he was being. I also think (know) he's back on the cigarettes. The nicotine withdrawal is just too hard for him, and honestly, while we are trying to get through all this financial crapola, I'd rather him not be going through...
I don't even know where to start. DH and I have been TTC #3 for several months, and the past few days make me so thankful that I'm NOT pregnant. I can't imagine how trapped I would be feeling. I know this will blow over and I'll romanitcize having another baby. THings will be okay for awhile, and then we'll slip back into THIS. As a disclaimer, I will say that we are under an enormous amount of work stress and financial stress. DH has been working on a real estate project...
Oooo. I feel your pain. My DH struggles with nicotine also. He has quit...several times. And everytime he decides to quit again, it's an ugly business. Almost makes me wish he just go back to smoking. OK, that's not true. I HATE the smoking/tabacco. I don't know that there is much you can do, honestly. It's severe withdrawal. Nicotine is a powerful drug. We underestimate how addictive it is. In the beginning, I tried to be encouraging and supportive, but we've been...
Thank you for the replies. momo7 - I had peace with the fact that he would only be there for a couple of the days, but because of the way his meetings are scheduled he won't be able to come down at all. Which is yet another disappointment that I have to swallow. Ceilydhmama-thanks for the perspective. I know it will still be "fun". I guess I'm just struggling with the idea of them having this wonderful, magical trip and daddy not being a part of it. WHen I initially...
We have a timeshare week that was threatening to expire, so DH started pushing the idea of going to Disney again. I was hesitant to book the trip...finances are tight right now, I'd have to pull the kids out of school (1st grader and preschooler), it seemed like a hassle to get it all arranged...but I finally bit the bullet and booked it. The girls are excited. My parents decided to join us in FLorida so they could watch the kids in the evenings for us, I have a friend...
No, you're not being petty. At least not in my opinion - but maybe I'm petty? I have my in-laws living with me and I am CONSTANTLY in the types of situations that you are describing. It IS your home, you are probably somewhat territorial about it and about the way you do things. On top of that, you're NESTING and preparing a place for your little one (I don't have that excuse). It can be very irritating when someone comes into your house and takes over - or on the flip...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kavita I can totally understand this, I've gone back and forth with this too. Lately I have been sort of in a cycle of moderate oversharing, and then kicking myself afterwards for blathering on about too many details about myself, or just talking too much. Partly, I think that we all have the need to be known deeply and intimately and honestly, to reveal ourselves and be accepted. And I think we need a forum where we can...
I would love to know the significance of the upside down ribbon. I had a c/s with my first, VBAC with my second. Now that my second is almost four, I've kind of fallen away from everything that is going on in c/s circles. Please educate me
Interesting. I've always really aprreciated people being openand honest about themselves. It makes them so much more "real" to me. I'm just tired of superficial relationships. As a result I think I'm starting to reveal too much to others too, though. Part of me thinks, if they don't like it it's better to know it now. I may be off base though.
One of my best friends (who lives on the other side of the country) has been going throught this EXACT same thing with her friends. Yes, it is very hurtful. I've been out with her, but since I'm married and not on the market, it doesn't bother me. She's got a really open smile and cute personality. Guys just flock to her. She doesn't even really encourage it except that she is a friendly person. And God, that smile! She was recently telling me that she's just tired of...