or Connect

Posts by cristina47454

I found Dave Ramsey's baby steps REALLY helpful. And if you dig around enough on the internet (message boards,etc), you'll realize that you don't really need an agency...you can do it yourself.  You just need to know HOW.  Which is why DR was helpful to me.  It's all laid out and it's a pretty clear path.  There is a Dave Ramsey support thread on here that does a great job of outlining the basic principles...I've actually never read his book (Total Money Makeover) - just...
Just wanted to chime in. I have three dds, 9,7, and three.  I have periods where I completely lose myself, usually when there is a newborn in the picture, usually for about 2-3 years at a time. I get what you are saying, COMPLETELY. There are so many things that I keep wanting to get back to, but there are only so many hours in a day, and  only a fraction of them get to be for "me".  What has helped me is to do things in seasons.  In the summertime, it's all about the...
We went to check it out.  Gas is almost 30cents less a gallon.  Milk is $1 less a gallon. Bread is $1 less a loaf. Meat wasn't that great, but between gas and milk and pantry staples, we've decided to go for it (and it goes without saying we need to stay away from impulse purchases!)   The executive membership is twice the price ($100 instead of $50) but there is a 3% cash back. And if you don't get back at least $50 (I think) they credit you the increased price of...
I am in New England.   My stock up prices are $1.99 or less for any kind of meat (I can't afford organic, unfortunately). Beef and pork are harder to come by than chicken, so we eat a lot of chicken! I NEVER see ground beef that low.  Makes me wonder why it's considered a budget-friendly option! I can often find ground turkey for a good price, but I have to wait for the buy1get2 sales. I try to keep fruit/veggies around $1.50/lb.   Pasta needs to hit $1 a box at...
This is what I need to do, but seem to have a huge mind block against it! I made hot pockets for my kids lunches...I think the last batch produced 8 of them...2 cups white flour, 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 package yeast, 1 lb ground turkey, 28 oz crushed tomatoes, 16 oz tomato sauce, 6 oz tomato paste, 1/4 c shredded cheese....what a PIA.  And I haven't even gotten to the homemade hummus, baby carrots, 1/2 cup watermelon. But I guess I NEED to do the exercise to see...
That was exactly the kind of breakdown I was looking for thank you! Is that TOTAL? So $6 for your entire family for breakfast? I feel like these numbers are important so I can do "mini" splurges occasionally, like hot lunch or rotisserie chickens for dinner...without breaking the bank...unless they actually DO break the bank!    
How many people are you feeding and, if you could estimate, how much are you spending per meal?   We are a family of 5.  I budget $125 a week. I have no idea if I am actually within budget bcs I stock up when I see a good deal on meat, etc, so I'm trying to figure out if "per meal", I'm within budget. And I realize I have NO CLUE. TOnight, our grocery store runs "Buy 2 rotisserie chickens for $10". But I have no idea if that's actually a good deal, based on my budget...
The card has been closed for over a year bcs they were going to rate hike the existing balance.  At the time the balance was HUGE and it would have literally been impossible for me to pay the minimums, so I closed it instead.
Yeah, I know that it is a hefty fee bcs the amy I am transferring is so big...but I am paying $300/mo+ in interest right\ now on that huge card, so I end up saving quite a bit over the long haul. I'm leaning toward the longer term, just bcs the monthly payments will be more manageable.  I don't want to lock myself in to having to pay $800/mo to have the balance paid off in a year.
I want to BT 10k from a 12% card. The two offers I have are 0% for 12months with a 3% transfer fee, or 0% for 18 months with a 5% transfer fee. After the promotional period, the interest rate shoots up to 16%, so I NEED to pay it off before the promotional period expires, or else BT it again (probably at another 3% fee) to a different card.  Could someone walk me through the math? DH says 3% for 12 months is ABOUT 4.5% for 18 months, so it's pretty much a wash. Is he...