or Connect

Posts by cristina47454

Oh! That would make a huge difference! I wish insurance wasn't so confusing! We're also looking at health insurance, which is another nightmare, and something we've been badly burned with before.  But dh's employer is paying 50%, as opposed to us paying for self-employment insurance, so maybe it won't be so murky this time around.  But that's probably for a separate thread...
Great advice, all! Thank you! The coverage for the rental is only, like $18 every 6 months, but yes, I probably could find something cheaper than that on my own. And really, if I were to get into a situation where I was without a car, I could always borrow one of my parents or stay at home, as I don't work and the two older girls could take the bus to school. It doesn't really save me $ as far as my premium goes, but might cost me money if I go through the ins. co and am...
Huh.  NEver occurred to me to do that - although i guess I knew that i could.  That's actually brilliant! We don't have a tv at all, and the kids really only watch a movie a week during our family movie night, but I need to keep this flexibility in mind!    
We just signed up with Verizon for their wireless phone service. There is a device you plug into the wall, and then your land line plugs into it. If you go on vacation, you COULD bring the device and still receive your phone calls (don't know why you'd do that though lol). It's $20/mo for unlimited local and long distance as well as caller ID and Voicemail. It's a new service - no idea what the bugs are.  I believe we had to sign a 2 yr contract (dh set it up, so I'm not...
I could use a little bit of what you have. LOL. We have moved so many times in the past 6 years that I am totally burnt out on making my house a home and the thought of it fills me with dread and just completely overwhelms me (in the process of packing up and moving even as we speak...)
No great sales here, either. Kind of weird, actually. I can usually find SOME kind of meat deal that is buy one get two or else just a good ole fashioned sale that puts it around $1.99/lb. No such luck this week. Steered clear of produce, as we have a farm share. Nothing to write home about this week, unfortunately. 
We are moving from MA to CT and are researching car insurance rates. How do I know what kind of coverage I should have??   I was looking at our old policy, but have no recollection of how we landed at the coverage we chose and I have no idea whether it was well thought out or not (!)   A little background...   We have two paid-for cars.   DH uses his 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee for work. It's got almost 300k mi on it and has served us well, but I imagine it...
Thanks for the reply! You'd think that three kids into this I'd have some clue! LOL. I was trying to google search it, but wasn't coming up with anything useful, so thanks for the input. It's not that I was "worried", but it is reassuring to hear from other moms :)
Hi all! New to this particular forum. I'm stumped and am hoping for some insight. I have three little girls - 9,7 and 3.  All were potty trained between 2yo and 2yrs6mo. My almost three year old is doing GREAT. But I've noticed with her that her urine stream seems to shoot straight out.  I first noticed something was amiss when there was always urine around her training chair.  Thought the chair was leaking, but another little friend of hers used it without issue and I...
OK, now I have to come clean about my viewing preferences so that someone can advise me what would make sense. We don't have tv, just the computer.  Currently, I watch all my shows on "Hulu" and as long as I keep up with them I don't run into the Hulu Plus issue - seems like once they've been available for a couple of weeks they become Hulu Plus.  Is this going to change, do you think?  Ok, so, ahem.  The shows I watch regularly are: Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice,...