or Connect

Posts by LucyRev

Ooh, subbing in hopes of some pox! I have friends that had it, but it was the same time as one of my kids had poison oak. I thought that would be a little bit cruel.
Quote: Originally Posted by vbactivist Exactly to your bolded! I am so sick of reading "countdowns to freedom" on facebook, etc. Or people saying - how am I going to make it through the summer, etc.. I want to say = I LIKE spending time with my kids. And if your kids are so yucky to be around, maybe it's because they need more tiem at home (and less peer influence, etc...). Oh my gosh, this very thing is driving me crazy lately too. It's so...
Thanks ladies! My DD already sent off a penpal letter and we have another potential penpal lined up as well. 2 is enough for her. Maybe you can trade addresses with each other?
Bumping this old thread instead of starting a new one. My 7.5 yr old daughter has just asked me to find her a penpal. She's a very sensitive kid, into animals, especially endangered species. She loves insects, slugs, and snails. She loves her new dog and likes to look up information about different dog breeds. She isn't your typical girly girl. Not interested in princesses or Hannah Montana or any of that stuff. She doesn't care about fashion trends, but she does...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sienna-forever My ds was three months premature, and although he is perfectly healthy, and very intelligent, he is very sensitive, and doesn't handle separation well. I have recently read the 'primal wound' by Nancy Verrier and she says that 'incubator babies' experience this in the same way as newborns placed for adoption. I definitely recognise some of those signs in him. He needs reassurance that we're here for him although...
Yeah, all kids are different, but my 7 yr old DD doesn't know how to tell time, nor is she interested in it at all. I doubt she will be interested for a while longer. We got her a very cute watch, but it didn't excite her to learn about telling time. She knows the names of some coins and sometimes gets the values right, but again...she's really not interested yet.
My DD just taught herself how to swim too! She is 7 yrs old, so quite a bit older than your children, but still exciting to me. We took her once a week for about 6 weeks. She didn't want us (or a teacher) telling her what to do. Once she decided she was going to learn, she went for it whole heartedly! We took a few months off from weekly swimming and then just took a vacation where we spent 4 nights at a hotel with a pool. By the 3rd night she was swimming the length...
Quote: Originally Posted by AAK For second grade, I will be ordering Building Foundations. . . but we really like to just follow dds lead. For her, that includes lots of gardening. She is a natural with plants and animals and is always curious and ready to learn. The Building Foundations is more for me and we will use in mostly in the winter months. Amy I have a 7 yr old DD who would be 2nd grade in the fall if she were in school. She...
I can't figure out how to keep the hoop at my chest. It seems to work its way up to my neck...which is cool, but sometimes I just want to keep it at my chest. If it ever quits raining I can get some more practice in. jkg, I would love to hear how you like SaFire's online class.
I am also a SAHM married to an IT guy who works long hours and does the jobs of 5 people. Seriously...they just did layoffs and he survived them because he's awesome at his job, but sometimes I don't feel like it is worth it. I constantly feel like I'm waiting on him. I don't know why I do that anymore! I also really wish I had some sort of gig of my own, but I don't have the time. My girls are 4 and 7 and I'm homeschooling them. I haven't hired help, because I also...