or Connect

Posts by kangaroomum25

Quote: Originally Posted by soccermama I had to partake this morning - really had a strong caffeine urge and I pass a McDonald's every day on my way to work. They're really not that bad. It relieved my fix and I spent zero pennies!! :
Quote: Originally Posted by betsyj So by this logic am I free to go to a pro bf'ing site and post repeatedly about how formula is just fine because my baby is doing great on it (please do note that I bf exclusively) in protest of them saying ff is bad? And to keep doing it once they made it perfectly clear that wasn't acceptable to the owners of that site? It is a slippery slope IMO. Maybe the guidelines were vague-although I myself find "for any...
I hope she is able to birth unassisted or at least unhindered, it may be a very powerful way of her getting back a feeling of control over her body. (I'm kind of assuming she was abused) I'd encourage any pumping, some is definetly better then none. I think even pumping right after birth might have some of the same benefits of the baby nursing. Maybe find some good success stories of moms who were able to exclusively pump, and give her time, she may change her mind...
Quote: co-sleeping and extended breastfeeding are both things that parents ARE sometimes legally given a hard time over. why over that and not over a spanking? these are again heath choices though - spanking is not a health choice. I agree, you're right, "spanking is not a health choice" but people think it is. They really think they're doing it for their child's welfare. That their child will never learn, never change bad behaviors, and grow up to...
Second the probiotics. Coconut oil has antifungal properties too. Make sure and include lots of it in your diet, use extra virgin and eat it raw, you could also mix it with raw honey, or even better manuka honey. Limit sugar, fungas feeds on it, but the manuka honey would be ok, it's actually from a tree very similar to the tea tree. Get the cat on a good diet too, you could try adding coconut oil to it's food, but I'm not sure it would eat it... My kids got ringworm...
There's lots of information about how to safely birth a breech baby at home. I actually think it's safer to birth a breech baby at home than to have a dr deliver the baby in a hospital. quoted from Pushed by Jennifer Block Quote: "The breech baby demands patience; she rejects active management; she demands normal physiological birth. The mother has got to be very, very aware of what's going on in her body. You must not give any direction whatsoever," Evan...
could be a hindleak http://www.joyousbirth.info/articles...guideline.html Quote: Some membranes rupture high up in the uterus. This is called a hind leak. Typically, water will come out slowly, perhaps gush once and trickle here and there. Hind leaks may be caused from baby's foot breaking the bag, or a positional change. how far along are you?
Quote: Originally Posted by Little grey mare Thank you thank you thank you! I've flushed him out with charcoal and sodium ascorbate, why didn't I think of that? Also gave him some prunes for a snack to speed things up a bit too. Really appreciate it, he seems to be doing much better. Glad it helped, I allways forget what I need to do when it's my turn.
second the no sugar and lots of probiotics...I've heard carbonation can cause bv...dunno if it's actually the carbonation or the sugar in soft drinks though, maybe both?