or Connect

Posts by sbilady

I suggest you get a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It helped me learn a lot about what was happening with my body, what the causes could be for my female problems, what's normal and what's not, and so much more. For example, I had no idea that so many women normally menstruate for about 5 days. Mine are running 8-9 days which is indicative of something I forgot (plan on borrowing the book from the library again this weekend). So basically, my only safe time for...
I don't know what info you guys are reading, but you are misunderstanding the concept of lunaception. It's based on the concept that you must adjust your night lighting to get your cycles to be in sync with the moon. If you're trying to match dates with past children or even trying to match now, its probably WAY off because you aren't sleeping in COMPLETE darkness and even when you do that it takes an average of a few months to get your cycles in sync with the moon....
I like the 6-8 month suggestion, because getting an HIV test now doesn't mean he wasn't recently exposed, thus it wouldn't show up on a test. Also, don't forget about herpes! Condoms do not prevent getting exposed to this.
Hmm...I was about to make a rec, but the kind you hate is the kind we love, lol. Definitely, you want to get some samplers from online retailers. I like www.justrubbers.com because you can order just one sample for each brand and they always include three extra freebies with the order. They also have some brands you may be unfamiliar with like Japanese brands that are supposed to be good. I don't use justrubbers anymore because we can find our brand cheaper on ebay. Come...
Hmm... I personally wouldn't try it. If you want to, just beware that you may pull it out or possibly pull it out of position causing you to not have the birth control you thought you had. I've used the DC for many years and can honestly say that it doesn't always go in or is removed the same exact way each time. Sometimes I hear a huge suctioning sound and sometimes I don't. Sometimes it goes in more to the right or the left and then I push it in the right position and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Apricot Condoms Withdrawl (pullout) Copper iud Nfp Lam Vascectomy Tubal ligation Any other non-hormonal, non-spermicidal options? NFP is NOT the same as FAM. You can use a natural spermicide made with lemon juice and aloe vera with diaphragms and cervical caps if the chemical stuff is a problem.
Quite honestly, I'd suggest you pick up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility and start charting your temps as that will clearly tell if you're ovulating regularly or not and if your second 'period' is really that or if it's breakthrough anovulatory bleeding. It's much cheaper and less invasive than a battery of tests which may or may not be conclusive. Learning about charting my temps is how I found out I have several symptoms of hypothyroidism. I have had a blood...
My dd is fully AA and born with one on her butt and on her shoulder. She's 8 now and they are completely gone. I read about them in Dr. Sears book so I knew the shoulder one was a spot, but lol, I thought the one on her butt was from the dye stuff they put on the umbilical cord to dry it up! It was exactly the same color. It was so funny when I was in the hospital trying to wipe it off.
Quote: Originally Posted by concerned_dad wow, a condom doesnt break and you got pregnant? oh boy. I am 40 years old with 4 kids and trying all I can short of a V to enjoy sex with wife and not have number 5. my wife spends 99% of her time with kids so number 5 would make it 100%. but this thread is scary to me. sorry if I jacked the thread The simple answer is that abstinence is the only thing that has 100% effectiveness. If it...
I'd see if you could get a blood pregnancy test.