or Connect

Posts by sbilady

Quote: Originally Posted by pookie50104 This month, I've had the unjoyful experience of having two periods in one month - both about 5 days or so, cramping, bloating, the usual suspects. The start of my first and the start of my second are only 18 days apart. I've been calculating my ovulation cycles for quite some time now to get a good idea of when to start TTC #2 after the first of the year, but now, since I'm still on period #2, I'm unsure what to...
I have the same issues with my kids names and family. I know we didn't make it better by naming our ds a name VERY similar to my nephew's name. Dh still gets mixed up too. Our names are Arabic and I really didn't want to name them something that would cause others to mispronounce because a slight mispronunciation could drastically change the meaning of the name to something with a different and/or bad meaning. We wanted to name our first dd Sahlah, with the 'h' pronounced,...
The problem is really simple. You need to get yourself on iodine supplementation to avoid pregnancy problems or giving birth to a child with cretinism. This is the underlying cause in probably the vast majority of women dealing with ttc issues like pcos and thyroid problems. Here's an excellent video on the subject. It takes place in Indonesia, but it barely scratches the surface of the scope of the problem. Yes, people all over the world are dealing with this problem...
I honestly wouldn't go by a partner's 'feeling' of ewcm. True ewcm needs to be observed visually and by feeling. I believe the couple to couple league has info on successful nursing and charting. However, from the book Honoring Our Cycles by Katie Singer, she was saying if you really cannot have another, use a barrier method. I also recommend her book for the tips on practicing LAM including the night lighting recommendations. Me personally, I wouldn't trust it as...
There are natural alternatives to chemical spermicides which may not irritate. Lemon juice and aloe vera has been proven to kill sperm. The diaphragm and caps yahoo group has all the info you'd need on this subject. They have the documentation in their files section. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Diaphr...guid=117782269
Quote: Originally Posted by tinyblackdot My midwife told me that the minipill is only good for the first 3 months and then you should go to a diffrent form of BC........ I heard that too. Actually it was more like six months. I really have heard so many women on boards say that it failed. I personally wouldn't trust it.
Yep, totally normal. There was a woman in TCOYF who had this happen every month and actually thought something was wrong with her bowels. Her doc gave her a colonoscopy all because she didn't know she was seeing healthy ewcm!
This is a short term measure, but I read in Marilyn Shannon's Fertility, Cycles, and Nutrition that taking chlorophyll can reduce your bleeding. In the long term, if you are able, you may want to try making some changes in your diet by adapting it to the principles of the Weston A. Price foundation. Basically, it's referred to as traditional foods. I've read stories on their site of women having severe problems such as yourself by a changing of diet. MDC has a subforum...
Quote: Originally Posted by texaspeach I occasionally get a random very low temp. My usual temps are quite low to begin with (around 96.5-97.0 pre-o and under 98 post o generally). My thyroid has been tested twice three years apart and is within "normal" ranges. I've read some where that an axillary temp isn't accurate enough for basal charting. You could try doing it vaginally or orally instead. I'd also change the battery in the therm, even though...
If I'm not mistaken, there are more rules to LAM than what the PP posted. I don't know about the book about Ecological BF says, but it's also VERY important to sleep in complete darkness to prevent the return of your periods early. When waking to feed or change the baby, use a small lamp with a red bulb (used in photo developing). Honoring Our Cycles by Katie Singer goes into some good depth about it. There was another I can recall about the importance of babywearing and...