or Connect

Posts by sbilady

I agree with Marinewife. You need to take a pg test just to rule that out. This rare instance was mentioned in TCOYF. The woman had a normal period, but those temps would not drop. After some time she finally took a test and it was positive. There was a woman here on MDC who had that same thing happen. She was pg. The doc or someone here said it is possible that could be Vanishing Twin Syndrome. Another reason for a temp to remain high is an ovarian cyst. My first time...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dov'sMom And a third possibility, though very rare, is that some women will ovulate twice. Yes! That is true. I remember reading about a woman pregnant with twins and they had two different gestational ages and another pregnant with twins of two different fathers of two different races.
Are you sure its a period and not implantation bleeding?
Also, another factor is anovulatory bleeding which is when you bleed, but it isn't followed by an ovulation since your last bleed. It technically isn't considered a 'period' in a true sense. You wouldn't know that it's anov unless you're charting. When those bleeds happen an egg can be released even though you aren't 'midcycle'.
Quote: Originally Posted by Dov'sMom When DS 1 was 6 mo (and EBF), my period was late and I wondered if I was pg. Took a couple of tests (the $.20 kind -- had 10 that were expiring that month), both negative. Figured okay, it's just because I'm not settled yet. Then I started bleeding, said ok, a period! But the bleeding wasn't normal -- one day heavy bleeding, one day spotting, next day heavy. Took another test - negative. Waited a week. STILL bleeding....
It sounds like from your description that you could be experiencing anovulatory bleeding. The short cycles and heavy bleeding (if I can recall correctly from TCOYF) were symptoms. Are you able to chart your temps? That could really give you some solid info to work with. If you aren't ovulating, you may have to wean your dd completely and then give your cycles some time to regulate.
Honestly, NFP and FAM are a lot more tricky when you're nursing, because of the issue of getting consistent temperature readings (infant night wakings). In one of my books (Honoring Our Cycles), I think the author stated that if having another is REALLY out of the question, you should look into using condoms. Another thing is that cervical mucus can be difficult to interpret. Katie Singer suggests sleeping in complete darkness as a way to prevent fertility from returning...
As I always say when this question comes up, it's highly individual for each family's situation. I had my first when I was 21 and am 29 now with three. Obviously, this answer would be different if I were 38! My first two were only 18 months apart and it was their young years were my worst years of parenting of my life. For someone else, it might not be so bad. It was literally a fog and I really think I have repressed memories of much of it. I learned my lesson and me and...
I wouldn't consider it invalid. Most if not all the tests I've ever read say to use the test immediately after you take it out of the packaging. I know for sure that the Dollar Tree ones have a dessicant (sp?) pack inside the foil pouch to keep the test dry. I'm pretty sure the test would be affected.
This is my situation, but it's more than weight loss I have to deal with, but it's related to weight. For me, I know I've developed a thyroid problem and it has gotten worse lately. My weight has gone up recently even though I was actively trying for it not to. It is so hard to get it off when the baby weight piles up. I also have other health issues related to the thyriod that are chronic. A pregnancy wouldn't allow me to fully address them. So, I am definitely trying to...