or Connect

Posts by wallabisfarm

Hi - maybe I can join? I`ll probably be a pretty quiet member, but I`d like to drop in now and again! I am Sara, infertile for something above six years now, with endo being my only identified problem (I had a lap some years back, and presently have two cysts, but my present gyn doesn`t think that ought to have been enough to keep us from conceiving). I have thyroid issues in my family, and suspect that is contributing. Dh and I have one wonderful dd, whose adoption we...
apart from the actual pain (when I had mine it was almost no pain, but you don`t know `til you try it, right?) - if they find your tubes are blocked, or some other problem, will you be in okay shape to drive home? I know I would not. Although, to be honese, I had to start having dh drive me to appointments after the first `you are infertile` appointment with my gyn because the whole process always left me feeling so drained and alone and apt to break down crying that...
hi - I`ve been losing more weight than I feel good about since going GF two months ago, and have been tying to find ways to get more calories into my day, too (and I`m not breastfeeding - you must be exhausted!!). It sounds like we eat pretty similar dinners - around here this time of year we are doing lots of hot-pot bok-choi/pak-choi plus a few hundred grams of meat, served with rice. Last night dh did a wonderful thing and mixed my rice with some oil (sesame oil and...
hey, me too! and, just like your dh, I had symtpms that I just thought were more or less normal for me, which makes it seem wierd that eating something with soy sauce in it by mistake, or which has been stirred with the same spoon as a pot of noodles, should make me feel so crappy now. so m uch so that I start to wonder if it is all in my head after all ... except that mostly I really dont think that because I have had so much improvement and this wonderful sense of...
for some stuff, stir fry and such like, where you want the complexity of a fermented sauce, you can substitute fish sauce (though not vegan, of course, and what else is in fish sauce, except that mine is gf, I could not say). for other flavors in a stir fry or if you are doing like a simmered veg / soupy sort of dish, there are some chinese sauces that might work. is it tobanjan that is made from fava beans ...? if you have an asian market around take a look at the little...
(want to preface this by saying we live outside of the states and don`t have the same language issues around adoption as most of you, so though I have seen the term "gotcha day" online, I have never heard anyone use anything similar) the anniversary of the day we met dd is a special day - this year, though, our first, dh was very ill, so dd and I had a day out and we talked a little about remembering meeting her and looked at the picture of our first meeting. alhough I...
I have not gotten pregnant, so this is not quite the story you are looking for, but for food for thought: I saw a tradition chinese pharmacist (in Japan, so not sure if its exactly the same as if you saw a TCM practitioner elsewhere) for my endo, and had huge improvement in my endo sypmtoms and general health. I did not get pregnant though, and after a year stopped seeing him because I was feeling pretty good and, well, the office is far away and it was not cheap. That...
Hi all - Whew, have I really spent three hours this afternoon going over old posts? The long to-do list I have would seem to suggest that I have. And yet, I have more questions that I have managed to answer for myself. Okay, so, out of blue (except not really - denial!), I went from having what I thought was a really bad case of dishpan hands, to realizing that I had advanced, infected eczema and a wheat allergy. Wheat or gluten allergy or sensitivity or possibly...
thanks - moderate is a helpful word! I am working with a language barrier here; between my Japanese, the doctors English and dh sometimes available to translate we get the essentials, but I have trouble asking for clarification. I went off gluten starting sunday evening (its thursday now) and have def. noticed less bloating already, which is lovely! looking over the possible symptoms, I see lots of small-enough-I-guess-I-can-live-with-it sort of things that I just...
thanks for the replies, all! a clearer picture is slowly forming and I am now off to try to understand the IgE test results (wheat allergy but only a 3 on a scale of 1 - 6, not quite clear on what that means I ought now to do).