or Connect

Posts by tis_unnatural

To piggyback on this topic, does anyone have a recommendation for a good winter shoe that will work in the snow? My son is 13 months old and has huge feet (he's currently in a size four, which seems big, but maybe my older son just had small feet in comparison ). We live in MN and are outside all the time in the fall and winter so I'm looking for something that will stand up to wet leaves and snow. And what do people do about new walkers and snow boots since obviously...
I'm currently dairy-free, soy-free and gluten-free thanks to stomach issues I've had since my youngest son was born, and I've found TONS of great recipes at this site:   http://www.yumuniverse.com/   I'm currently eating honey chia pudding as I type and it is insanely delicious, plus it was really quick and easy to make and it stores well. Here's the link:   http://www.yumuniverse.com/2012/12/25/honey-chia-pudding-with-pomegranate-seeds-and-pepitas/   I...
These look great, thank you! Gluten's ok (for now), so I'm definitely going to try making seitan. And honestly, I never even thought about making tofu from other beans, what a great idea! Definitely trying that, too!
I've been a vegetarian for over 20 years, and I've recently given up dairy and soy as well (I started having a lot of stomach issues after my second baby was born nine months ago). Tofu has always been my go-to; I loooove tofu! But now with that option gone, I'm out of ideas for what to replace it with. I've found so many vegan recipes that call for either tofu or vegetable protein, which doesn't do me any good since they're both soy-based. I eat a ton of beans, but I'd...
Oh my gosh, do I ever need this!   Who you are: Jessie, 31-year-old mom to two little boys (Jasper, just turned 2, and Liam, 2.5 months old). I work three days/week outside of the house. Where you are going: I'd like to create a decent savings account in case of emergencies, eliminate our debt (other than mortgage and student loans), buy a new car (well, a new to us car ) that actually fits both car seats and the groceries, and get to a point where we aren't so...
Oh, I feel your pain. My 21-month-old son isn't necessarly a social butterfly, but if we're out somewhere (like the grocery store), he will say hi to many of the little kids we pass. I can't recall a single time a kid has returned his hi (and it's not a matter of not understanding him; he clearly says hi and waves). It breaks my heart to see him ignored over and over and see his confused and sad expression. But at the same time, if another kid were to walk up to him and...
I don't have any direct experience with him, but I know my midwife works with him a lot and highly recommends him. My midwife is in St. Paul, and he is the closes doctor that will do breech vaginal births, so when my baby (due soon!!!)  flipped breech she was going to have me see him. Luckily baby flipped back around so I was able to stick with my midwife, but after her glowing recommendation of him (and I definitely trust her opinion on these things!) I would have been...
Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse by Victor Gischler is good and quite funny. One of the reviewers described it as "Part Christopher Moore, part Quentin Tarantino", which is pretty accurate. :)
My favorite snack this pregnancy has been Greek yogurt mixed with high protein granola (Bear Naked has a really good high protein granola) and black berrries (my number one craving this pregnancy). I can easily get 20+ grams of protein with just that, plus it's yummy!   Mmm, this thread is making me hungry. :)
Sorry, I know it's been a couple months since you posted this, but I was kind of shocked by some of the responses you got! I've been on prozac for many years and had a completely uneventful, safe, free standing birth center birth with a midwife. I talked to both my psychiatrist and my midwife about the possible risks associated with being on prozac while pregnant and having an out-of-hospital birth and they both agreed that the risks were very minimal and I didn't have...