or Connect

Posts by ChesapeakeBorn

Thank you for your replies! My dairy trial yielded green, very very mucousy poo. No blood like with the wheat though. Well, not yet at least. So I am going to keep the appointment with the allergist on Tuesday. Do I need to start eating wheat and dairy for the results to be accurate?
I have an appointment next Tuesday to have my baby tested for food allergies.... but I am not sure if I should keep it. I made the appointment because my son's stools were always bright green and mucousy with small amounts of blood. He is exclusively breastfed and has had no solid food yet. About a month ago, I began block feeding (in case of a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance) and also eliminated wheat and dairy in my diet. Gradually his stools became normal again. I then...
I am trying to subscribe to some threads and since the new website design took affect, I am not able to get the "thread tools" drop down menu to, well, drop down! Any ideas?
My vote is for the Moby! I had been a ring sling girl until I figured out the Moby - took a little time and trial and error, but man on man was it worth it! The Moby is soooooo comfortable and there is little risk of asphyxia (chin-to-chest) if you are carrying your babe tummy-to-tummy (or technically chest-to-chest, I guess).
Hmmm. Not much to say about summer options, I guess. Well, I won a ZoloWear Solarveil Ring Sling on e-bay for $26 so I guess I'll be giving that a try first!
Thank you all so much for your input!! I feel so much better about all this after hearing your stories and opinions, and much better about his name in general - thank you for the compliments. I think I'm going to add another middle name. I am thinking about three different names that all have family significance: Levi (wish I had known about this one sooner - it might have been his first name!), Dexter, and Gregory. There may be more - I have to take a look at the...
Thanks Jen! I have been block feeding for 2 days and they are still green, but sometimes a bit more yellow. I'll keep it up for a couple more days and see what happens!
Big vote for Moby Wrap here. It takes some time to figure out how to wrap it, but stick with it and it becomes very easy. Their website has wonderful videos that explain the wrapping process. It will keep her snug, close, and secure -- and keep other peoples' hands off of her. ETA: I had a new native pouch for my DD, who was 5lbs, 3oz, 17.75 in. I did NOT like it. It was not adjustable, people could still stick their hands in there, and she tended to wind up in a...
DS is 5 months old and we loooove our Moby Wrap, but are finding it a bit too hot now. So, I'd like to find something cooler and breathable that we can also wear in the water. These are the options that I am considering: Gypsy Mama Water Wrap - distributes weight so it doesn't hurt back/shoulders, more difficult to nurse in, takes more time to put on/take off Taylor Made Water Mesh Sling - less weight distribution = more uncomfortable?, easy to nurse in and take...
DS's name is Willem Addison _____. It means "strong-willed/fighter son of Adam" (Adam is DH's name). When I was pregnant, I was so caught up in just making sure DS got here alive and well, that I don't think I really thought fully about his name! Now he is 5 months old and I am beginning to think we didn't make the best choice. Here's why: 1. I am a daddy's girl and wish we had honored my father's side of the family with his name (none of my siblings have either). ...