or Connect

Posts by Eclectica

jessie-gray what do you mean by plastic canvas? I'd love to see what you are talking about, it sounds interesting. Not that I need yet another craft to learn. I pretty much love all crafts and want try everything. I'm always working on some, leave it for a while and then try other crafts and then rotate. Right now I'm working on soap making and ceramics. Just a few months ago I was working with felt and doing silversmithing jewelry. I really love it all and...
We are making a cement garden stone this weekend for my son's 1st birthday. I'm using a 12" round plastic plant tray that we have. We're pressing his handprints in it and plan to do it every year on his birthday to have a handprint stepping stone path in our garden. I'll post again after this weekend with pics and any tips after doing it. I've also read that spraying WD40 or cooking spray on a metal pan will allow the cement to release, but I'd be scared to try...
Just in case you didn't see this, here is a thread on knitting babylegs! I also bookmarked this Arm/babyleg warmers blog post!
Yes, you can use watered down wilton food coloring as sort of a "wash" on natural wood. You do need to seal it with something though as that wash can spot and bleed if it gets wet. You can even use Koolaid to create a light "wash" on natural wood. Just like koolaid will leave a ring stain on a natural coffee table it will stain wood when you want it to! Pine in particular will absorb washes well. Keep in mind this will not be like "paint" at all. You wouldn't be able...
Wow, so wonderful, you've made some really great stuff! It really is fun, isn't it? I started woodworking in the early 1990s and have done it on and off since.