or Connect

Posts by sandy baby

Hi - hope this isn't too late - I delivered at the new and old NHRMC, most recently my babe in June.  I had my dream birth this go round - all natural vbac!  The rn's were awesome, did not once offer drugs, let me go with intermittant monitoring, have food, drink and use the tub for labor (all of which I had been warned would not happen bc I was a vbac, but they let me do it all without batting an eye....) - I held her immediately after birth, was offered the placenta,...
and as for the birthing - I was super happy with the midwives at Carolina obgyn, as well as the LandD nurses at the hospital. Highly recommend a doula, a solid birth plan, and sticking by your convictions - I did it all and still ended up with a csection, but my story is different than most thankfully. Even with the csection, the nurses, dr. and midwive had her to by breat immediately and let me experience the birth in a most beautiful, yet not natural, yet...
our turn - also live near Monkey Junction - and can't believe I haven't met you all! We've been here about 2 years, coming from Pittsboro/Chapel Hill and Boone prior to that - so on that end - Wilmington is different and certainly not of the Chapel Hill/Asheville caliber of crunchiness. This is still eastern NC folks.... That said, we left the Tirangle to move to a smaller town, it's hear, although I envy the community Asheville has and hope we collectively can...