or Connect

Posts by Jster

Hugs, mama, sounds like you've set some reasonable boundaries and it's a good sign that he is (even relutctantly) following them.  In my case, my ex had left me while I was pregnant w/ dd2 for another woman, then later married her...allowing her into the kids life was very tough.  But in the end, she's very sweet with the girls, in some ways dotes on them (she only has sons herself), and they enjoy spending time together.  No matter how much they love having her do their...
Well, a little update: we have a marriage counseling appointment set up for Monday. And yesterday morning, I was so stressed and tired of feeling stressed and asked DH to sleep in the other house, which he actually did last night and is tonight.  It's helped my anxiety and discomfort tremendously, to have my own space.  Tonight I asked him about buying a groupon for a dolphin cruise, we'd done it once before and had a blast, and after he seemed reluctant I asked if I...
If you have a good therapist and are both working on reconciling your issues, maybe it would help to work out why he wants this (vacation?  less arguing?), what you would want out of it, and if there are any other ways to get the same thing that might be less expensive.  Heck, it might be cheaper for you to each have weekend "vacations" from the family home on alternating weekends, where you would both get a break and yet might not break the bank quite as much.  Or...
Thank you for your comments!  It's nice to see you again too, Holland, I've thought of you and my friends online and really missed the support and companionship I had here.  In that sense, it is good to be back!    I do think the feeling of failing "again" is really hard...as is the fear of hurting my children again.  My oldest daughter heard DH and I arguing the other day (not loud, but since we rarely have, it struck her) and she came to me crying, not to talk...
I was here and very active about 5-7 years ago, when my first marriage ended with my husband's infidelity.  Although it took awhile, I really got my life back on track, went to law school, and was doing great when I decided I was ready to involve a relationship in my life (this was about 2.5 years after my husband left, I really wanted time to work on myself).  I dated for about six months (through online dating mostly) until I met DH.  He fit my "top ten wishes" list...
Can I join the crazy train?  My cycles are short--23 or 24 days--and have only been irregular post-partum.  My last real period started 2/10, but we had a possible late withdrawl on 2/15 so I actually took plan B on 2/16.  I read that it could make your period a week late, so waited and waited.  We were about to buy a house (our first) and things were admittedly stressful, so I waited to test until 3/20...long after it was "due."  It was negative.  On Monday I spotted a...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2lilsweetfoxes :this I don't know the whole backstory, but what really stuck out is that for whatever reason (you left husband #1 for husband #2--or your family "loved" your first husband and were hoping you'd get back with him, or, if you were a widow, that you'd remain single forever in memory of him, and this new husband and the resultant child are a reminder that you've moved on and there is no hope of you and h#1...
Crystal, thanks for sharing your similar experience. I was a victim of favoring by my aunt as a child, and it really did feel uncomfortable to be the favored, just as I saw my sister be treated poorly. I really don't want to let that happen for my kids. My sister and I were also given much less than our half-sister was, and that felt painful as well. I know sibling rivalry is somewhat silly and it drives me batty in my kids (she got more than me, I want one too!) but...
I know he's the youngest. My only boy. Third child. All reasons why, sometimes, he might get left out. But it's more than just a little obvious that he is less well regarded among my family (my mom, my dad (they are divorced...so not a unit), my sister, my last living grandparent). It really makes me sad. For his second birthday, EVERYONE forgot. Just completely forgot. And I had seen my grandmother and dad about a week before, had traveled very far to where they...
Aw, hey Steph! Hello again! I haven't been to MDC in a loooong time but have thought about you a lot and am so glad to see where you are now in life...we had some dark times together back in single parenting and your encouragement helped me get where I am now...a strong woman and mother, capable of keeping sight of what's most important. Thanks and congratulations on everything!