or Connect

Posts by Maluhia

What you are facing is one of the toughest part of living low-income where you can't work with percentages like 35% which are reasonable for others else you are completely priced out of the rental market all together.  Have you considered a house share?  Can you apply for housing subsidy? 
The author interviewed on how the WSJ article did not accuratly portray her book or the parenting journey she experienced: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/01/13/apop011311.DTL 
I'm going to type this publicly to attempt to assist in understanding: Our user agreement is important to the proper working of the MDC Message boards.  Posts outside of the user agreement can be and are deleted and friendly reminders are often given to the thread as a whole as guidance.  A lot of us read the User Agreeement when we joined but have not reviewed it of late, so these friendly reminders can help us all to stay familiar with the working rules of the board. ...
The thread has been removed for moderator review and will be returned.  Please PM me with any questions and refrain from posting about this thread until all issues are resolved.
Friendly reminder of our User Agreement:   Do not post in a disrespectful, defamatory, adversarial, baiting, harassing, offensive, insultingly sarcastic or otherwise improper manner, toward a member or other individual, including casting of suspicion upon a person, invasion of privacy, humiliation, demeaning criticism, name-calling, personal attack or in any way which violates the law.   If you have any questions, feel free to PM me with them. 
Friendly reminder of our User Agreement: News and Current Events should be posted to the appropriate form here on MDC.    Members may discuss news items in appropriate parenting forums such as breastfeeding items in lactivism, birth related items in the birth forums or chickenpox outbreaks in Health & Healing. However, keep in mind that threads still need to remain on-topic for the forum and should not be about individuals but about the general topic.   If...
When my 5 1/2 year old was away from me for 4 weeks last summer becuase of medical issues on my part she had a great time with her grandparents BUT she missed me horribly, asked each day when I was coming to take her home and took a VERY loving grandmother who had raised six children and her gentle willingness to call me whenever/wherever for her to get through us being apart for so long.  It was HEARTWRENCHING for me and difficult for her at 5 1/2 and she was somewhere...
Do you have an emergency fund? I'd have that full first then CDS then Investing in that order when liquid cash appears.   
When I did this I kept the eating-out and grocery envelopes with me with one week's budget in them. 
It certainly seems less like a financial issue and much more like a trust issue connected either to your current spouse or to your fears from the experiences of others, a previous marriage or something of the sort.  It honestly sounds like you are not emotionally ready to merge finances with your husband.