or Connect

Posts by Maluhia

I agree with the PP that noted you might want to work through your fears regarding how your son will be treated if he is gay, better to do it long before he makes any public delcarations about his sexual orientation.  Children certainly know who they are "attracted to" at five, even if that attraction is not yet developed into sexual attraction.  I certainly knew at that age and my DD shows a strong ongoing preference for marrying one particular childhood friend...
Please keep our User Agreement in mind, specifically no name-calling, when posting regarding this article.  
I live in Australia (Western) where the COL is HIGH.  It would cost $30 to take my family DH, myself, and DD out to McDonalds.  Yeah.
Has been removed and will not be returned.
We are split 60/40 in 529/UGMA for our DD - works for us :) 
I'd avoid a pediatrictian as they are for health issues and anxiety, which is an honest issue, would be much better approached by a child-specialized therapist.  It does seem your children are suffering from anxiety that is much longer than the usual toddler-don't-leave phase at 5 or 9 years old.  At that point they are certainly worthy of finding a good child-based play therapist (I swear, it works!) to help your child gently work through the issues that are causing...
You could certainly offer a blankie or something held against your cheek and lead her to rub that but honestly with DD it was hard to ever get anything but what she wanted as a lovey, which was me.  I think a sibling bed is a great idea when they can consciously choose to cuddle/comfort one another but at 1 and 3 1/2 they are both still at an age where being woken by one another would be distracting rather than comforting.  I think I can see starting such a thing when...
Once you are there your son can go to base legal with you and give you power of attorney for care of his child so that IF you become the short-term care provder (while they finish his checks and so forth) you will be able to take her to the base medical clinic, etc.  It is a free service and if you go in explaining what you plan to have happen (ie. make the documents expecting to have temporary custody) then when you are at the court hearing you can show that you are...
We did it for 9 months when DD was 2.5 years old and DH was in the UK while I lived rent-free with family.  His extra expenses (while deployed with the military I might add) out of pocket in the UK more than ate up any savings we would have made off the time where my bills were lower.  It was an odd military deployment to join another service so not like going somewhere that your room and board are taken care of, a great oppourtunity but thank goodness one half had...
*hug* motivatedmama That sounds really overwhelming and I'm so sorry!