or Connect

Posts by SophieAnn

I chose to skip it too.  I knew the discussion would likely come up at my last appointment so I read the SOGC Clinical Practice Guidelines ahead of time (http://www.sogc.org/guidelines/public/121E-CPG-November2002.pdf).  Midwife offered it and didn't seem biased either way, but was very supportive when I said I'd like to decline the test.  Pretty sure I'm known as that-client-who-researches-stuff by my midwifery team.  
Hubs and I are dressing as Rick & Lori from The Walking Dead.  Not tough to pull together, and a pregnant lady zombie-killer is pretty awesome.
My aunt is throwing my shower, which will be extended family (more extended than we see at Christmas).  She was originally thinking late-January but I was concerned it might be cutting it too close to my EDD of February 18th and then there's the weather/snowstorms/road conditions to worry about.  Any earlier and it's too close to Christmas.  Before Christmas is out because we have another baby shower in the family in November.   So, the current plan is to have my...
Mine has many names - all are used with fondness I promise....   Baby, The Fetus (formerly The Embryo), The Parasite, Cheese (long story), Sprog,... that's all I can think of right now.   In the book I'm reading right now the main character is pregnant and she refers to the fetus as "the infant-inconvenience".  
Congratulations!  I'm glad the news that your having a girl has helped you to move forward from your terrible ultrasound experience.   That's some awful bedside manner and downright rude.  It's too bad when the u/s techs seem to forget that this is an exciting and happy time for us ladies.  I had a terrible experience with an u/s tech at the local hospital too (at 6 1/2 weeks due to abdominal pain) - he refused to tell me anything at all and would not let me see the...
Thatcher Hudson Sawyer Harper Ronan
One other point to add (since you bought it over 2 years ago) - if you bought a size 1, you would probably need a size 2 which is recommended for women who have given birth.
Skewered meat and veggies.  In 1 ziplock bag you can put the cubed meat with a marinade.  Pack the veggies (already prepped) and the skewers separately.  Build the skewers right before cooking over the fire.   Baked potatoes:  bake them ahead at home, cool and wrap in foil (if not already foil-wrapped).  The foil-wrapped, pre-baked potatoes will heat up quickly near the fire/in the coals.  You can bring already prepped toppings (crumbled bacon, green onion, shredded...
Crate training.  Crate him in a room where the other pets cannot enter to pester him too.   He is not pooping/peeing in the house to let you know that it's not okay for you to leave him.  This is attributing a thought process to a dog that is far more complex than a dog is capable of.  Dogs are not complex thinkers.   The dog likely has some separation anxiety.  It's quite likely that he gets stressed when you leave and the stress is the reason for his...
  Mine would be extremely similar to this, although instead of a working reproduction Edwardian-era farm it might be something more like a typical 1910s - 1920s family/hobby farm with some modern equipment added in for convenience.  Just enough crop and livestock to feed ourselves with a little extra to share.   I dream of living on a large, private, mostly wooded property (fully fenced to be safe for the dog) with a modest, cozy home.  That last bit will probably happen...