or Connect

Posts by SophieAnn

For lunches, I like to do nibbly trays, plus something hot that can be prepared ahead of time and just heated up. Veggie tray with dip Cheese and cracker tray Fruit tray Jellies/jams or spreads Chips and dip (or Tortilla chips and salsa) Soup, Stew or Chili can be prepared ahead of time and then reheated. You can also serve some crusty rolls or cornbread. Another idea is to do a make-your-own sandwich bar (buffet-style) with breads & buns, cold cuts, lettuce,...
Nope, you don`t knit the stitch marker, you slip it. So let`s say you`re knitting up to the stitch marker. Knit the last stitch before the stitch marker, slip the stitch marker (pass it from left needle to right needle without knitting) and carry on knitting after the marker. Here`s a little video I found to illustrate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylmQT...eature=related Go ahead and give the pattern a try. Stitch markers will make sense once you start using...
Door mat outside - something coarse to wipe your shoes/boot on. Decorative rug inside - something washable to take shoes off on. Boot tray inside for wintertime.
Quote: Originally Posted by velochic I make mine in the traditional way my grandmother taught me. I roast my turkey on a roasting rack with aromatics in the bottom. When the turkey is resting, I strain the juices and skim off some of the fat. I put the roasting pan on top of the stove, and add the flour, salt and pepper to the bottom, pulling up the fond and browning the roux. If there is not enough fat to make a good roux, I'll add a knob of...
I've put my neice to sleep a few times this way: I climb into bed with her (twin bed) and read a story. Then we might chat quietly for a few minutes. Then I'll usually sing a song and rub her back for a little while and she falls right to sleep. Sounds like it would be a good job for your DH.
We shop once a week. CSA weekly pickup supplies us with various organic veggies. This week: 1/2 lb. salad greens 2 heads garlic nappa cabbage a small eggplant 1 1/2 lb. carrots 2 lbs. potatoes 1 1/2 lb. beets acorn squash a few parsnips small bunch kale 1 leek 1 bunch radishes From the grocery store I spent about $35 on: Grapes (on sale) 4 lbs. butter (it was on sale for $2.97 each - this will last us 2-3 months) 1 package of boneless skinless chicken...
We use bells, just like Alyantavid. It's especially nice when we go upstairs at bedtime if our dog realizes he needs to go to the bathroom he will run downstairs and ring the bell (which we can hear from upstairs). My parents' dog also uses bells to ask to go outside. We just tied some jingle-bells from a craft store to some string and hung it on the doorknob around dog nose-height. Taught him by ringing the bell just before going outside to build the association,...
I had a piano background before learning flute in 7th grade, so I agree that with her music background she should be able to learn on her own. When you're at the music store, hopefully someone at the store will show her how to put the flute together and also show her how to clean it. Those are 2 things that I think it's nice to have someone show you how to do.
Check out rockabye baby records. Lullabye versions of bands like Led Zeppelin, Beatles, U2, Radiohead, etc. Instrumental, done with lots of glockenspiel. http://rockabyebabymusic.com/
Not so much for car-emergencies, more for child emergencies I'm thinking... Change of clothing (just something to get home in, like sweatpants & tshirt) A few diapers Extra pack of babywipes Paper towels Instant-ice packs (with the gel that can be activated) Tylenol, Benadryl, Gravol, etc. Emergency snacks like nuts, dried fruit, water