or Connect

Posts by Amber_G

My LO is also 3 months. She takes several 45 minute naps throughout the day. There is a sweet spot with her where if I wait too long to put her down, the change in position jolts her out of deep sleep. But too soon and she starts to cry. I'm trying to teach her to get to sleep on her own - by putting her down before she's asleep, but very sleepy. And then I stay in the room with her and make sure she is asleep before I go. And if she cries, I pick her up and comfort her....
Motherhood - I think in the journal of her son's first year, Anne Lammott says that that being a mother to a baby is tedious tedious work. Or something like that. I have to agree. It's the same thing over and over. The sling has pretty much saved my sanity tho. When she gets cranky in the afternoon hours, I can just put her in there and do something besides just sitting in the rocking chair trying to get her to sleep. Kavya is still endlessly fascinated with the world....
MightMama & Jazzy - Hope everything continues to improve EricaE - Hope things are better now. I live in the Portland area too - but out in the 'burbs (Hillsboro). SweetTexasGal - We started the vaccination process with our Kavya as well for similar reasons. We plan to visit family in India in a year or so and I want her to have all the protection she can. Polio is still a big problem there, tho they are taking very drastic measures to vaccinate all children. And...
Thank you KatieJJ334 & Takebackbirth for your support. Last night we had a really good night and she slept for nearly 5 hours, ate, and then went right back to sleep. I realized yesterday that she has a bad night every 3 or so nights, but then tends to sleep well after that, and that helped put it in perspective. More questions: Slings - can anyone recommend a sling that is easy to get a baby in and out of? I have a hot sling, which I like, but I can't get her out of...
I have a 2 month old as well and she naps about this much. She's also very difficult when she's trying to go to sleep. She cries and really needs to be held. It helps if we hold her hands too as they irritate her cause she wants them in her mouth but can't get them in there once she is tired. She also gets really overstimulated, so she's really tired and her eyes are drooping, but then they'll pop back open and she'll stare at the ceiling fan until she is overstimulated...
Argh. We had such a rough night last night. Kavya just wouldn't sleep at all. She kept fighting sleep even tho she was exhausted. I turned out all the lights except for the night light so I wouldn't trip over things but she still found things to stare at. And every time she woke up she was just as difficult to put down. I'm exhausted and frustrated and worried. I don't know how we will cope when my MIL leaves. It seems like Kavya goes through this not sleeping at night...
Quote: Originally Posted by nikkihoi he freaks out when I let down and spray goes in different directions in his mouth. Does anyone has any ideas as to how I can help ds get through this? My baby doesn't like the initial spray either - she usually pops off the breast. I have a thin receiving blanket under my breast and I just pull it over my breast and wait for the spraying to end. Sometimes I'll squeeze my breast as well to help empty out...
Sites for non-plastic toys - Ooompa http://www.oompa.com/ Anyone have any others? I know this one is pricey, but it does have some really nice toys.
My baby is sleeping in her sling in my arms - this is the second time I've pulled this out recently and I wish I'd remembered it sooner. The first time she screamed but now she's happily sleeping and I can type with 2 hands! I've had to get up twice and dance around a bit to get her back to sleep. Kavya is 7 weeks old as of yesterday. She's smiling sooo much and studying people's faces. She has also discovered that her fingers are fun to suck on, but can't of course...
Thanks everyone for the replies - great info, I really appreciate it. Yesterday afternoon she started eating well and I think/hope we are back to normal. I introduced the boppy pillow (which she'd been too small for before) and she seems to like that position especially if I keep a hand on the back of her head.