or Connect

Posts by Amber_G

My 6 week old baby is only eating for about 10 to 15 minutes, burp, then a diaper change, then maybe 5 more minutes of BF. She does this about every 2 to 3 hours. My MIL is convinced that she is hungry because she took 4 ounces from a bottle one night. (She only gets 1 bottle feed at night.) My MIL thinks maybe the baby's position isn't right and keeps making suggestions. My DH finally told her to stop hovering over us. (MIL is well intentioned.) I am not sure if...
Quote: Originally Posted by BarefootScientist Birth 5 lbs. 15oz. My baby was the same size as your's - how cool! My baby: Birth - 5 lbs 15 oz 1 month - 7 lbs 9 oz She's 6 weeks now, so that's all the data I can give you. Babies need to put on the chunk for when they start to get mobile and need the energy.
here's some pictures of my baby girl (can't resist showing her off): http://www.flickr.com/photos/62821877@N00/1573955636/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/62821877@N00/1573955640/ I'm so jealous of those of you who have babies who are sleeping through the night. I wish she'd just SLEEP sometimes at night - for the past few days she won't sleep at all. I shouldn't complain too much tho since my MIL has been staying up with the baby at night for several hours which is a HUGE...
Hi Everyone, I lurked the last couple of months in the Sept. expecting forum, but didn't say much Kavya is 32 days old today - still counting the days over here! She's been fighting going to sleep lately. Last week her tummy hurt so she was screaming almost all the time. But this week her tummy seems better, she just gets fussy when she's tired but doesn't want to sleep. She was 7 lbs 9 ounces at her 4 week checkup - so she's gained quite nicely from her birth...
In addition to the big baby concerns, doctors also worry about the higher rates of jaundice and blood sugar problems at birth for untreated GD. There's also concerns about stillborn babies. Also placental degradation too. Of course, personally, I think doctors are still learning about GD. I was diagnosed with it and monitored my blood sugars, kept them down for the most part. My baby was born a month ago and weighed a "whopping" 5 pounds 15 ounces. (Of course, my...
Thanks everyone for the help She's still not sleeping much and still very fussy. I've tried everything (including the suggested things - thank you!). Wish I knew why she was so fussy and upset. And I wish laying her down on her back didn't make her wake up
Could sugar in my diet be contributing to my baby's colic and general gasiness and lack of sleeping? I was on a no sugar diet for the last trimester of my pregnancy (GD) and am now happy to be eating cookies again. Maybe a bit too happy. I cut out dairy, but it's been almost 2 weeks and I've seen no effect of that making a difference. But the one night and day we had where she actually SLEPT, I didn't eat much sugar that day (no cookies in the house!). I can't...
She is pretty gassy but she was sleeping through or with that for a week or so. I cut dairy from my diet but it has not made a difference yet.
My 3 week old has suddenly decided to fight sleep. She'll be nodding off in my arms and then suddenly squirm herself to being wide away. She was up for nearly 5 hours last night - I'm sure she got in a few catnaps for 4 or 5 minutes, but still, not a good amount of sleep. This morning she finally slept for a good 3 hours, but is still fighting sleep after that nap. She's nursing fine, so I don't think it's a food issue. Is this just a phase? I know newborns don't...
You have a VERY good chance of it moving up. I think the statistics are in your favor. I had complete placenta previa at about 20 weeks, low lying at 25/26 and completely fine at 31 weeks. I also avoided squatting, as I heard from my MIL in India that Indian midwives and doctors suggest avoiding that as well with placenta previa.