or Connect

Posts by olliepop

Hi. Definitely an Introverted Mom of 2. I have a 6 year old dd who has Selective Mutism and I've often wondered if it's a somewhat extreme case of introversion. Anyway, I've been lurking for two days now and decided to finally come out of hiding with a question. The other day I mentioned to friends that I like going to the movies alone. They thought it was the most bizarre thing they'd ever heard. I explained that if DH and I have a chance to go out w/o dc, we pick...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommaof3boz I just had my nose pierced and I think they did a 16ga, but not totally sure. Thanks. I got it done today. He used an 18gauge. I love it!
I took ds to the doctor Sunday morning. The doctor heard wheezing and immediately suggested Xopenex (via nebulizer) which we did in the office. She swabbed him for strep, which sometimes causes a rash, but it came back negative. She said the rash could either be caused by a virus (he has runny nose and bit of a cough) or food allergy. She told me to continue giving the Benadryl every 6 hours, three breathing treatments a day and we'll reassess on Wed. She also gave me an...
Quote: Does the cliff bar contain nuts or sesame? It sounds allergic and even anaphylactic honestly (belly pain, swelling and hives...you've got two or three body systems there). I think you need an epi pen. Here are the ingredients: Ingredients: Organic Brown Rice Syrup, ClifPro® (Soy Rice Crisps [Soy Protein Isolate, Rice Flour, Barley Malt Extract], Organic Soy Flour, Organic Roasted Soybeans), Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice,...
When the doctor saw him yesterday morn, she heard some wheezing and gave him Xopenex via nebulizer in the office. The hives had gotten worse that morning and she said she couldn't be sure if it was due to a virus or food allergy. We won't know for sure until he visits an allergist (something we'll do after he's off of the Benadryl). She sent us home with a nebulizer and prescription for Xopenex. She told me to keep administering Benadryl. She also gave us a prescription...
He had ice cream for dessert at 6:30 and then went to bed at 7:45. Woke up at 10 w/belly pain and swelling.
In the middle of the night, my 3 year old ds woke up with belly pain. When I turned on the light, I noticed that his lip was swollen. Since he was up, I then took him to the bathroom and noticed that his penis was swollen. (Actually it was just the skin around the shaft.) He also had welts on his belly, legs, and arms. I sent DH out for Benadryl. We gave him a dose and he went back to bed. This morning the swelling is down slightly, but everything is still swollen and...
In the middle of the night, my 3 year old ds woke up with belly pain. When I turned on the light, I noticed that his lip was swollen. Since he was up, I then took him to the bathroom and noticed that his penis was swollen. (Actually it was just the skin around the shaft.) He also had welts on his belly, legs, and arms. I sent DH out for Benadryl. We gave him a dose and he went back to bed. This morning the swelling is down slightly, but everything is still swollen and...
Oliver?
Going to get my nose pierced in two weeks. From what I've read, piercers usually pierce at 20g. Not sure what type of stud they pierce with. Do you have to pick your own when you go or is there a standard type they use? Should I go with stainless steel, 14K gold, or titanium? Which will be more conducive to healing? I will definitely ask all these questions when I go, but just looking for a heads up. Thanks in advance.