or Connect

Posts by riverside knitter

Quote: Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre I say wait. I had mine pierced at about 6 after begging for it. My mom agreed, I was old enough to take of them and did so. I cannot wear any type of earring...whether medical grade metal or cheapo. My ears react horribly...like they swell up and around the earring but only on the bottom holes (I have 5 at one point 7] holes). The top ones just get red and itchy. I say wait because you just don't know...
DD is now 6 months old and she continues to crack us up, such as here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26909052@N07/2864382808/ This is such a fun age!
I have the mini co-sleeper & DD slept in it until she was about 4 months old. At that point I had to acknowledge that she was just getting too long for it.
Gas drops were pure magic for us.
Mine does it too. She has both a gasping wheeze and fake cough in her repertoire of sounds that freak mommy and daddy out. It completely freaked me out until I realized that she was just exploring the sounds she can make.
Get a good sewing machine before a serger. Unfortunately, the two aren't interchangeable.
I would still talk to HR, using the points above. If they give you any flack, ask them if they would eat or make their lunch in a bathroom stall. Otherwise, look for a utility or supply closet. I've known a number of mamas who have used utility closets for pumping - it's got to be cleaner than the bathroom.
May I commisserate? I'm 6 months PP and breastfeeding with no AF yet, but some hormonal wackiness to be sure. My PMS symptoms and my early PG symptoms are freaking identical which doesn't help matters. I had very light spotting one day last week followed by light cramping and general uterine twinges and a couple of days of breast tenderness. The tests are negative so far. Is it too much to ask for some predicatability in my body?
Bleach & a hot wash. You don't need much bleach either, maybe 1/8 - 1/4 cup for a full load. As much as I hate bleach, it's really the only thing I trust for getting rid of any nasty bugs.
My 6 month old still fits in the yellow edge, though they need to be trifolded to get enough absorbency even if there is enough room to snappi. She is on the long & skinny side, however.