or Connect

Posts by lindberg99

It just sounds like they are passing on colds to you. They are snotty/sick when they come, you get sick. They are snotty/sick when they come again, but this time from a different virus, they pass it on to you.   If your son has never been in daycare or preschool, you haven't been exposed much to kid germs so you are going to get everything that the boys bring home. Are they living with you full time now? Hopefully that will improve things.   I don't really know...
  If her husband was really controlling how she dresses, I don't think she would be here asking opinions of whether or not she should put on pants. She would be doing it because she would be afraid of what he would do to her if she didn't.   When you live with another person, you have to take their feelings into consideration and make compromises. Is him asking her to sleep in boxers rather than panties really any different than the other compromises we all make each day...
  I know that was a typo but I was laughing at using a "condemn" as one of two forms of birth control. Does that involve a mother telling her daughter "I condemn you! You are evil, evil girl if you have sex!! You will get a sick vagina and have abnormal children."? I definitely think you would need two forms of birth control if that is one of the forms.    Gardisil doesn't mean you can skip pap smears. I have also wondered what the point of getting it if you get regular...
Get a diaphragm or use condoms. Barrier methods can be very effective.   If you do start charting, you could just use them until after ovulation. It might be hard to chart until your periods return after the baby though.
What are you looking to increase participation in? Do you want more people to come to events? More people to come to meetings? Or more people to help volunteer?   For events, our best attended events were a breakfast and a carnival. I think it is easier for people to come a half hour early and eat breakfast with their child rather than drive back to the school for an evening event. The school carnival was very well attended too.   Our PTO was also a skeletal...
  What do you tell her at home when she questions why she has to do things? Like what if you asked her to brush her teeth and she said she felt like drawing a picture instead? OK, you might tell her she could brush her teeth after she draws a picture but what if this was in a limited time situation, like you had to leave for an appt in 5 min and she didn't have time to draw a picture? You probably would tell her that she had to brush her teeth now and she could draw a...
I was wondering how it went too. I noticed our paper had an article about talking to kids about 9/11 but I think it ran on 9/11. I was thinking they should have run it a couple days earlier.   Hope things went well!
I agree. I mean, I'm sure your DD is picking up on your feelings, but I don't think that if she loved school that she would let your not liking it stop her from loving it. I am very enthusiastic about my kids going to school and my youngest (who is 2nd grade) will say he doesn't really like it, only recess and lunch. But overall, he seems happy there and looks happy when he goes and comes out at the end of the day. What is your DD like when you drop her off and pick her...
I would be annoyed too. I remember I stopped in my son's first grade room for something (probably handing out memos for a PTO event) and his teacher launched in to how unorganized my son was. I know I did not ask her anything about DS, she brought it up out of the blue. There was no one else in the room (the kids were probably at art or gym) but I didn't like it even then. I think if a teacher wants to talk to you about your child, they should call you or set up a...
Aww, poor guy! I hope he isn't too upset about it now. It is also common around here that preschool teachers will not help in the bathroom so I would not expect kindergarten teachers to either. But not every kid wipes himself in kindergarten. My middle son didn't. I don't know what he did at school. He only went a half day though so maybe he just didn't go at school? I guess you just need to tell your son to do the best he can and that you can help him clean up when he...