or Connect

Posts by spero

If a private school receives ANY sort of state/federal funding (for lunch program, transportation, etc.) they must accept exemptions. Otherwise, private schools are free to deny exemptions if they so wish.
Quote: Originally Posted by bugmenot Won't they need immunizations for schools? Yes, but you can also get a legal exemption to immunization in all but two US states. Most states have medical and religious exemptions, some also have philosophical (which are the easiest to use, esp if you are selectively vaccinating). In states with no philo exemption, you cannot pick and choose, it's typically all or nothing with the religious exemption. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by serenitii I would get a 2nd and 3rd opinion about the reaction, try to possibly identify the trigger and try to get a medical exemption. Also, I keep forgetting to say the symptoms starting in her mouth may also point to an anaphylactic reaction; I am sure I've read that is a common first area to be affected. If the OP is going to need an exemption, IMO she shouldn't bother with this. It'll only cover the MMR vax...
Why do you need an exemption, if you're homeschooling? Quote: Religious Exemption requests must be presented on DH Form 681, Religious Exemption From Immunization, which is to be issued only by county health departments. http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/sta...s/florida.aspx Seems like a giant pita, when you don't really need it for anything. Not sure if you need a BC or not. Try calling your county health dept.
Quote: Originally Posted by Astrogirl If we talk to them again, they will insist it was an anomaly, that it was a freak thing and had nothing to do with the contents of that vax. And it angers me, because i know it won't be reported anywhere AS a vaccination reaction. I have to wonder how often things like these happen and the data never gets recorded. You can report this to VAERS yourself, if the doctor refuses. According to VAERS data,...
Quote: Originally Posted by mysticmomma I have. ETA bought syringes w/o an RX. Amended my post. In my state one cannot legally purchase or possess syringes without a valid prescription. I see that, in MD, it is much easier to purchase syringes from a pharmacist who acts Quote: only in good faith to patients showing proper identification and indication of need. http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/10/10.13.08.01.htm
Quote: Originally Posted by Lollybrat I think that vaccines may be a contributing factor in some cases and definately are not a factor in others. Part of the problem with this debate is that "autism" as we currently know it is not one disorder, but an umbrella term used to describe several different disorders with similar and overlapping symptoms. This is why the spectrum is so broad and varied. There seems to be quite a bit of difference between...
Quote: Originally Posted by Evergreen I am sure that I could just as easily purchase the needle and administer it at home. In my state you cannot buy syringes without a presciption.
Quote: Originally Posted by Li27 Thank you for your replies. I definitely feel better in terms of my DD being exposed to anything. He said the nurse said it was live, although now he says maybe she didn't say that ????!!!! My DH doesn't really "get it." I told him he wasn't allowed to get any live virus vaccine, so maybe he was confused. Anyways, thanks again! Live vaccines don't contain preservatives afaik. The TB test - while NOT...