or Connect

Posts by Elzabet

Ground flax seed in granola. Now that's a concept for me. Thanks for the idea--I've recently started making my own granola (changing the recipe to more healthful as I can) and I'm glad for the oats but this will make it better. AND it will get some flax seed into dh. What a bargain! Thanks!
What is the use for flax seed oil? Is it just for use in cold foods and condiments or can it be taken internally like clo? I've only been using it in dressings and the like.
I think the book has been updated (at least sometime within the past 14 years). The TCC site makes mention of some changes she made in the articles section.
I do not have problems with alternate interpretations of scripture. I do not deny that people tend to interpret scripture to their own satisfaction and that is fine. Interpret away. I have nothing against interpreting scripture differently and I enjoy discussing such things with others. I also do not think Scripture tells us everything we need to know about life. I do not hold to sola scriptura for just that reason. There are very significant areas where scripture is...
Quote: Originally Posted by DaryLLL Elzabet, ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choice? I find one cannot really compare and harmonize John with the synoptics. They are on quite a different wavelength. John is late and has a "high Christology." He disagrees with the synoptics on whom Jesus himself was, not just who J the B was! DarryLLL: I have no idea what you meant by that first line and, since we differ so greatly on scripture and Jesus...
Quote: Originally Posted by sweetladyaz I am! I am totally for Bush. So are most of my friends, all of my family, most of the people I work with.... heck. I don't know many that would vote for Kerry if they were paid. But that's just me, and I'm proud as hell of it. What she said. Well, except the family part but we've learned to agree to disagree about many, many, MANY things.
Seriously considering going natural
I suppose we shall have to agree to disagree. If we are saved by reincarnation and not by grace through faith then Ephesians 2:8-9 is null and void because living is "work" making Christ's work pointless. Somehow I don't think God does pointless things.
I agree that God is far bigger than words on a page but He is also reasonable and reincarnation is not reasonable. My understanding of reincarnation is that it allows someone to achieve perfect karma and enter/unite with Nirvana after learning/doing whatever it is they are supposed to learn/do, right? So....this implies that sometime in the past everyone a first incarnation. In that case, each person already had perfect karma since in the first incarnation he had...
Matthew 11:13-14 For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John. And if you care to accept it, he himself is Elijah, who was to come. Out of context this might be taken to be reincarnation. BUT John himself said he was not Elijah: John 1:19-21 "And this is the witness of John, when the Jews sent to him priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, "Who are you?" And he confessed, and did not deny, and he confessed, "I am not the Christ." And they asked...