or Connect

Posts by Elzabet

Quote: Originally Posted by steff Okay I am a christian but I am not sure of all the labels you are mentioning. I am a BAC but go to a baptist church. Is non-dominational like if you don't believe in all the religions? Steff Hello! Carmen! Non-denominational means "without denomination". So a non-denom isn't part of the major (and, for the most part, evangelical protestant with a small p) denominations of Christianity such as...
Quote: Originally Posted by hotmamacita Oh, I have been burned by Christians so awfully you'd cry. Thank God that Jesus is not defined by his followers. There have been times where I haven't been able to step near a church. There have been times where I have gone b/c I want to worship God despite my anger at people. And there are rare times where I exprience deep fellowship with people. I am thankful for those times. I never know what each week...
Quote: Originally Posted by mahdokht O.k. all you biblical scholars, I need help. I was researching some NT verses for a poem that I am writing when I came across this verse: Do not suppose that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to complete. Truly I tell you: so long as heaven and earth endure, not a letter, not a dot, will disappear from the law until all that must happen has happened. Anyone therefore...
Quote: Originally Posted by stafl Anyway, the Elias in the new testament is the same as Elijah in the old testament. I believe that he is the personification of the Holy Spirit. I'm confused--the Elias/Elijah Jesus referred to was John the Baptist per the verses listed. Are there other places where Jesus refers to Elias/Elijah? And how did you come to the conclusion that Elias/Elijah was the personification of the Holy Spirit? Just confused is...
Check the KJV, in Matthew 17:10-13 . Later translations translate the name "Elijah". The Elijah who was to come was identified in Matthew 17:13 as John: KJV Quote: And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come? And Jesus answered and said unto them, "Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they...
Quote: Originally Posted by cappuccinosmom I haven't found Christianity to be about the Church power and male domination (who discovered Jesus' ressurection first and were the first to tell the good news? Women! If all them church father's were such chauvinists, why'd they leave that in there? A woman's testimony meant nothing in the culture). I go to church, and I do submit to my husband (go ahead and gasp! ) but those are voluntary things born out...
I think that the role of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers is as the Bible says: He is a Comforter, a Counselor, a Teacher; He prays for us when we do not know how to pray. He is God as the Son and the Father are God. And I also agree that few believers hear or, rather, few heed Him these days. Hence the proliferation of division and debate. Jesus prayed for unity among His followers after all. I totally understand a need for the mystical in our lives though....
I never said it didn't happen, I said nothing like that had been reported here or there. I don't understand why an attack wouldn't be reported to the police, however, and that's where my confusion lies. Coming from a news reporting background I can remember combing through police reports for stuff to air. They do it every day. So if people don't call the cops or at least an insurance agent who would call for a criminal investigation in the case of vandalism or desecration,...
There have been no reports locally of anything like that here either. Or in my father's hometown (I ask). I also haven't seen anything on the national news (the Big 3, MSNBC, Fox and CNN) and you know as well as I do that they'd jump on something like that in a heartbeat. Around here they'd report on it until Christ's return and still run editorials on it after. So perhaps it depends on where you are.
Quote: Originally posted by its_our_family For those that have a list Do you think you will ever say...ok, this is where I've been working towards. I'm happy where I am. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever find the "right" place for me. I won't leave Christianity if that's what you mean but I like investigating the various flavors of it. Catholicism also reaches me in ways that my non-denom doesn't, but of course I'm sure the reverse is true too so...