or Connect

Posts by Elzabet

I don't get it and I never will. I don't see how anyone who actually read the book can come away from it (or the movie for that matter) with the idea that a specific group of people were responsible for Jesus' death. I mean for pete's sake people He Himself said, "I lay down my life and I take it up again." And yes, Jesus was a Jewish man with a Jewish mama who came from a Jewish bloodline all the way back to Abraham and Adam. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't be having...
Dragged kicking and screaming to either Baptist or Presbyterian church as a kid, then agnostic, then Pagan, now Christian of non-denom/evangelical flavor thinking of converting to Catholic
In that case and by that definition, I would be "hard core". Wishy-washy-ness on "sometimes-controversial issues" makes for boring conversation don't you think? But why is it a problem for you that he participates in chat/IM? I have chatted/IM'd in the past when I was a "hard core" rp'er and found like minded people and I participate here and on other mb's. I also don't discuss my faith unless it comes up because many people instantly believe that you're trying to...
Quote: For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself. That is why many...
T Quote: Originally posted by Queen Gwen Protestant Christianity doesn't have so much of the total-body experience of ritual for kids OR adults. So I think it's important to use what IS available. True and it's kind of weird to me considering how many things we do naturally as rituals (bedtime rituals, morning rituals etc). Free form worship is nice but I would like the solemnity of liturgy and ritual sometimes too. I know some protestants...
Quote: Originally posted by DebraBaker Our Pastor leaves these things up to the parents (he seems to hold a peculiar notion that parents are adults and can make intelligent choices for their own families ) We have our young children join us but we *explain* things to them. What is communion (unless you are a Catholic) but a very physical symbol of something completely intangible. To physically go through taking the bread and wine/juice and remembering...
Ben Hur (1959 version) and The Robe (1953) and The Story of Ruth (1960) and Prince of Egypt. Not necessarily in that order.
Didn't know about this thread until just now (947am edt Sat) but I was impressed to get out of bed last night about 1130p edt and begin the Divine Mercy Novena. I'll continue it and additional prayers today.
Love snopes.
Thanks for that reference, hotmamacita. If it's a spam I'm sure I'll get it in the near future.