or Connect

Posts by Upside

My daughter just finished training a month or so ago.  She turns four tomorrow.  I know how frustrating it is.  Even though she was peeing in the toilet, she just kept saying she "can't" poop in the toilet.  We had to withdraw her from preschool.  Anyway, one night the girls went for a sleepover at their grandmothers (who didn't know about all the troubles we were having) and DD said she had to poo.  MIL said, "okay, then. Go."  And she did.  She had maybe one accident...
I was dx with Hashi's at 115lbs.  I had a small goiter (only a doctor would notice) and thyroid antibodies but my TSH was normal.  My doc put me on a maintenance dose of levothyroxine (25 mcg).  This reduced the size of my thyroid to normal.  I sort of wondered if I really needed to take the medicine and let my prescription run out several years later after my daughter was born.  I was just busy and never got back to the doctor.  About six months later, I was literally...
Wow, I haven't posted here in years, but your pastor is talking to you like you are trash.  He certainly didn't take the "Christian approach"  by being considerate of your feelings.  I would walk out of that church and never look back.  I really feel for you.  The fact that you have been crying all day tells me you are not in the right church.  The church response is just very strange.   And I love how he tells you you need to hear when you're wrong.  So...
Don't wait too long. When my husband was laid off two years ago, it never occured to me to even look into it. Over the next 9 months, I went through our entire savings paying our health insurance premiums. My husband was working at another job the whole time, just not as much money. I finally looked into Medicaid and realized my kids would have been covered that whole time. I could have saved $4k. I waited another 7 months to apply for WIC, should've done it to begin...
My 2 year old daughter's name is Harper, but people often call her "him" when they just hear her name. I think it's pretty androgynous. Obviously I liked it for a girl .
Sounds like vericose veins. I had them during my second pregnancy. It was a rude awakening. They lasted from when you state until the end of the pregnancy. It did get better after the birth though. Good luck!
I wouldn't blink an eye if my DH told me he was no longer going to drink. Maybe your DH thinks that you're wanting him to give up alcohol along with you? But if you said drinking is not right for you, I don't know why he would even care. Of course, I'm American, so there are non drinkers all over the place. BTW, a lot of people have problems with red wine. If you really want to have an occasional drink, don't make it red.
I use a clothesline in the spring and fall and I save *maybe* $5-6/month. I wish I were saving $100's!
I had my homebirth two weeks ago and we never had back up care. Our midwife would accompany us to the nearest hospital, 10 min away, if necessary, but fortunately everything went super smoothly. I guess I just felt confident. I had no complications with my first in the hospital and I figured even if I had to transfer, my midwife would be there as my doula. Mu husband isn't afraid to speak his mind, so I felt like I'd have a very loud advocate too.
Okay so I'm one day postpartum and my nipples are too bruised to nurse. Iwent through this before with dd#1. Midwife said latch is great, she nursed like a champ right from the start. My breasts are large and nipples are flat. Last time I let it get so bad that my nipples were scabs. Thus time I want to do a supplemental formula feeding of one ounce and then express colostrum while the nipples heal. Put her on the breast 3 r 4 times a day and cup feed the rest of the...