or Connect

Posts by taubel

Yes, they do take up a lot of space, and at times they do tend to attract clutter. But our train table has gotten more use than anything else in our house! I have three boys, ages 8, (almost) 6 and 2.5. The train table has been used non-stop for many years! Mostly for trains (the nailed down train sets are easier to use) but my kids love to set up new tracks every day. We have also used our table for cars, games, puzzles, etc. We have a very small playroom, and if...
Hello - I would like to buy my DS (8) some modeling clay as a holiday gift. We are looking for something "natural" without any added colors, plasticizers or scents. Any recommendations? Also, does most clay air dry or does it need to be baked? I know nothing about clay! Thanks for your help!
My older boys (8 and almost 6) share a fairly small room. We have beds that bunk, but we keep them down as twins. Their twins are This End Up brand, and I was able to buy storage drawers to go under the beds, so those are their dressers. That saved quite a bit of space. IMO, bunked beds make a room look/feel even tinier than it is. Also, even though my boys are older, I STILL don't trust them not to use the beds as a jungle gym (not to mention their crazy 2.5 year old...
Hello - I am new to this forum. Briefly, I am a SAHM (work 11 hrs/week) to three very active boys - ages 8, almost 6 and 2.5. We live in a 1500 sqf house, and it is a STRUGGLE to keep things neat and organized around here! I am being forced to declutter because things in my bedroom closets are getting mildew on them (separate issue that I am currently researching). So I am getting rid of a lot of stuff so that air can circulate better in my bedroom closets. My...
We used a Thermarest camping mat with DS #1. But the mattress was on the floor. We just slid the camping mat between the wall and the mattress -- then there were no suffocation/no bumping worries. Maybe other camping/sleeping mats would also work. Good luck!
Thanks to those who replied! I am going to try the Amby. I'm getting desperate! I don't mind co-sleeping, but my son is so uncomfortable! I'm hoping the incline of the Amby will help him. Thanks also for the nursing advice. I'm going to try doing two to three feedings per side and see how that works. Taubel
Hi - We bought an organic crib mattress for our first baby (we're now on our third). It's a nice mattress -- innerspring with organic cotton and wool inside. It was over $300, but it has been worth every penny! By the time my youngest son (who is 5 weeks) uses it for his crib/toddler bed, we'll have used the mattress for 10 years! When my older sons moved to big boy beds, we bought organic futons, which are cheaper than innerspring mattresses. (I felt the organic futons...
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I have three sons: 5, 3 and 4 weeks. My baby is extremely gassy and fussy, so we are obviously not getting much sleep! We have been co-sleeping, but even then, he is very fussy and wakes up every 5 to 30 minutes screaming with gas pain. I was thinking about buying the Amby baby hammock? Has anyone had any success with this? I like co-sleeping -- even though I live in constant terror that I will smother him! -- but he's not sleeping...